• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I hope she went out and bought the book.

I'm on this other site where I was logging my food pre W30 and there are so many women trying to lose baby weight, calculating and re-calculating TDEE + exercise + breast feeding. And trying so hard tongetnthat calorie number "correct," working out twice a day (??), eating "everything in moderation" as long as it fits the calorie count and wondering why they aren't losing weight. I want to Preach It but I'm afraid of coming off like a know-it-all so I hold back, just offering tidbits and talking about how great it is to not be tracking calories. But I'm sure some of them would cry reading that part of ISWF too.

Goat and dog? I've always wanted a goat.

Life is stressful here. We are all eager to leave the city but to where? There is a direct fall-off in commutability (vis a vis mental health) at the exact point where we can afford something. My husband needs to work here so we are limited in our options. But I do dream of a house with grass and wildlife. My poor kid said to me the other day walking up this dirt path, "I like this way because there is more nature."

post-19355-1366944128917_thumb.jpg

And, yeah, the flattering pics. Zis is why I have no recent selfies, as the kids say, on FB. Still I think you are being too critical. Bravo on the dancing! That takes some guts, I think.

That's a beautiful dirt path, it would be my preference as well. But then, the sidewalk and little fence are charming. It's a tough choice.

How did you embed the photo from tapatalkk? I downloaded the app after I saw that photo (also because I'm copying you), and tapatalk IS nicer than viewing it in the phone browser. But I didn't see option to add a photo.

I wanna see your facebook.

I am literally jumping on my office chair while I read it. Plie! When you buy dancing shoes make sure to take ones with elastic strip inside the shoe. They are also called pre-curved. Helps the form of the point. I have these ones.

Not so excited about your stomach troubles though.

Those look nice and what I would like for my big ole banana foot :D I looked all over the online store and the brand of leotards they sell are very nice. I also looked at the uniforms for the different levels. I was confused about the swim caps and goggles I saw on some of the classes :huh:

I only had a tummy ache because I ate meat that had thawed for too long in it's wrapper. so gross.

I don't think I sat down to eat once today. No that's not true, I ate broccoli and asparaugs roasted on cast iron griddle in bacon fat topped with anchovies and black fermented garlic. Once cooked well I tossed it alltogether so that the anchovies melted all over the vegetables. Grom Grom Grom Grom Grom.

I had coffee and cream and a slice of bacon standing at the counter while making kids & husband eggs & bacon, kids am snacks, lunches and pm snacks for packing off to school and preschool. Did not care to pack my own lunch because I was packed out.

Had water mid-morning till lunch of 3 ribs from a fabulous bbq drive up that I ate ribs from literally twice a week my entire second pregnancy. Every time I eat them nowadays (far far less often) I always make some kind of joke about the little one's DNA having a fondness for these ribs encoded in it. I ate the ribs in my car parked in the sunshine, slow and leisurely like and then cleaned my hands and teeth as best I could with the only napkin-like thing I could find in the car-a somewhat used kleenex. So classy. Twas a workday lunch to remember.

Then we had goat and straydog drama at home (goat fence kicked in, incessant crying from both animals) and then my brain just wouldn't shut up with it's demands for MORE COFFEE. So I made (and had) iced coffee and cream.

While my husband and I are juggling getting this goat fence situation rectified before I have more appointments, the preschool calls and says the little one vomited. We share a car. We did a lot of juggling. The coffee seemed to really make this seem easier.

So after work my brain just wouldn't shut up with it's demands for sulfite free organic red wine. So I went and got (and drank) some red wine. I listened to music and stretched and danced a little while I did dishes, made supper and snacked on a mango and some raisins and a handful of soaked mixed nuts. I made (and had a little ) MEATZA with a crispy crust made of ground lamb and topped with mozzerella, anchovies, onions, olives, tomatoes, and herbs. I ate that standing up too.

I love how eating so clean for so long makes this day of eating look totally wreckless. I know in reality it's not, but I like that it feels like it.

Then

In-app purchase? Hmm. Maybe I purchased it without realizing it. I use the Tapatalk HD, which is apparently the new and improved version and there is a little button to add a pic. I also used it to change my profile pic and it looks all distorted so I need to change that.

even though the consensus around here is sugar is sugar is sugar, I feel differently about hfcs as it has some kind of nefarious chemical component that I (nor my kids) can handle in even small amounts.

Interesting article about it here http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/03/24/Why-HighFructose-Corn-Syrup-Causes-Insulin-Resistance.aspx showing why it's worse than sugar.

By the Way - you're doing awesome :)

What I ate today:

2 slices of bacon, cup of bone broth, cup of coffee with heavy cream, scoop of melted coconut butter

3 closed handfuls soaked mixed nuts, 3 figs, iced coffee with cream

an entire bar of organic milk chocolate and a grapefruit ginger kombucha

citrus carnitas with chili verde (compliant) with cultured cream, handfuls of carrot slices

1/2 a bar of milk chocolate and 2 handfuls carmelized cinnamon coconut

Sweeet! I bet you hubby likes these too

Did you sew the stripes (mine came separate) yourself? Make sure to adjust them if needed.

Oh yes I forgot to mention the shop owner sewed them on for me right then. They are leather Bloch. They had the Sansha like yours but not in my size. The owner of that store teaches the class I am going to next week and she told me today they are installing new barres and they might not be there Wednesday. So I'm a little unsure what to expect though she promises I won't be humiliated.

I was reading over and over trying to figure out what's wrong. It hit me today at the class as I was putting my shoe on. I gave you the wrong link, I have Bloch too, but canvas. Anyways, here is a little more inspiration for you. And stop being nervous, you'll be fine. P.S. today's class was at the buding where national ballet trains and has rehearsals. Goosebumps. post-12442-13671763989801_thumb.jpg

I almost don't even want to log what I ate today. It was so bad. Period Pig showed up demanding all sorts of junk.

For breakfast I had 4 slices of bacon and coffee and cream.

For lunch I had grassfed ground beef and raw carrots. More coffee. Then 1/2 milk chocolate bar.

Soaked nuts, carmelized coconut, dried apricots MORE CHOCOLATE

Dinner was 2 cold Applegate hotdogs, 2 slices raw cheese, grape juice gelatin

Oh my belly is too full. I'm as heavy today as when I started W30. Part of me wants to use that as an excuse to launch another W30, but that won't do much to teach me to ride my own bike. Instead I will suffer the consequences of my choices today and hopefully make better choices tomorrow.

Hi Michelle,

As I say every day in my life, today is a new day. Hopefully the consequences of your choices are not so dire that you are miserable! Just look to give your body some TLC today.

Chocolate cravings can be a sign of lacking magnesium. I don't recall if you are taking Natural Calm or any magnesium supplement, but it may help.

Enjoy your new day :).

Hi Chocolate cravings can be a sign of lacking magnesium. I don't recall if you are taking Natural Calm or any magnesium supplement, but it may help.

Enjoy your new day .

I didn't know this. Fascinating!

And I agree, these choices aren't ideal but they aren't THAT bad. You ate some chocolate. Ok. Don't let Period Pig (lol) make you feel extra bad about yourself with its self-flagellating ways.

New day! Be nice to yourself.

Hi Michelle,

As I say every day in my life, today is a new day. Hopefully the consequences of your choices are not so dire that you are miserable! Just look to give your body some TLC today.

Chocolate cravings can be a sign of lacking magnesium. I don't recall if you are taking Natural Calm or any magnesium supplement, but it may help.

Enjoy your new day .

Thank you KB0426 (Is 04/26 your birthday? It's my grandmas)

I'm not suffering too badly (oh dramatics of the hypochondriac) but I can DEFINITELY FEEL the side effects of so much sugar. Medicinally speaking, sugar is a pain reliever so it makes sense to want that at my moon time. In fact, when I had no sugar or chocolate during my w30s I had the worst cramps Of All Time. Yesterday, none and alternated between funbusy and lazy all day and felt fantastic. I also find the chewy texture of milk chocolate very comforting. I can handle feeling a little garbagey every now and then in exchange for that mouthfeel.

I stopped taking natural calm a while back because I didn't like that it changed the consistency of my poop because that is the main way I am tracking my health. But I have had some Epsom salt baths. I had a baking soda bath just the night before but I don't even know if that does anything.

I didn't know this. Fascinating!

And I agree, these choices aren't ideal but they aren't THAT bad. You ate some chocolate. Ok. Don't let Period Pig (lol) make you feel extra bad about yourself with its self-flagellating ways.

New day! Be nice to yourself.

Oh, to be clear, I feel wonderful about myself about the chocolate and things. It's only my tummy who is in protest. But I respect her opinion on the matter and next month will do a better job of protecting her from the fallout of Period Pig's destructive ways.

Ugh, today I was full-on sick. Guess I caught the tummy bug my littlest just got over.

Could hardly eat, cancelled appointments, slept most of the day. Grateful for Netflix and coconut water.

Managed a few nuts, an apricot, some applesauce, and by dinner a chicken breast and avocado.

It has crossed my mind that without all the sugar via wine and chocolate this weekend that my immune system may have been able to fight this off. On the upside though I got a day of doing absolutely nothing while my wonderful husband took care of the kids and pets and made dinner.

Archived