I'm packing. And dying. I. Have. Not. Stopped. Moving. Moving Wednesday, and my husband (who was set to come home from CO that day) has been called out on a Wildfire Detail in NV and will be gone FOR THE REST OF THE MONTH. I have spent so much more money than I expected to due to hiring all the manwork and selling NOTHING I've posted on Craigslist. I had to buy all but 4 boxes I've used. All in all the move is wicked exciting and pregnant with opportunities for our land project. I have halted all cooking (even packed the tea kettle) so we are eating from the fridge and pantry, mostly finger foods, cheddar, AppleCare hot dogs, mini cucumbers, kraut, kombucha, nuts and butters, fruit. Starbucks or local coffeeshop breves sipped slow all day. Feeling energized and exhausted at the same time. Fingers hurt, just straight up overuse.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One day you will remember this craze with a smile. Sitting on the porch of your new house, you will wonder how the hell you managed to handle all this. Radical things are happening in a bit of a madness and it's probably for the best. "Get it done" mind set does miracles sometimes? Hopefully.

Your husband and kids better be proud of you!!!

One day you will remember this craze with a smile. Sitting on the porch if your mew house, you will wonder how the hell you managed to handle all this. Radical things are happening in a bit of a madness and it's probably for the best. "Get it done" mind set does miracles sometimes? Hopefully.

Your husband and kids better be proud of you!!!

Trying really hard to scrounge up enough energy to take care of myself right now, I'm so exhausted. My husband will be gone 2 more weeks and we all miss him terribly already. I'm about halfway moved into our new place and love being in the country again, but I have a huge huge mess and many tasks looming ahead to get the old place back to move-in condition by the end of the month. In taking the approach of just do a little every day, marathon not a sprint ya ya ya. I'm a day or two away from having an unpacked kitchen and stocked fridge and I will say this week of making compromised food choices has not been a "treat" in the least. Taking time to shop for and prepare nourishing foods is a treat, one that I am fortunate to have often. Eating on the go is awful. I ate in the car. Gross. So gross.

• Moderators

Wow, lady. You are amazing. I can only imagine the stress you're under right now. Sounds like you're doing a wonderful job and learning great lessons along the way.

Mo, you don't sound off the rails at all. You are handling this move alone, which would be tough, even without kids! It sounds like you're making the best choices you can right now.

Mo, little sacrifice that will probably change the life of your family for the best. Bag of kale chips in the car! Gasp and shock. Not the best feeling, but think of what were you go-to stress food before? Compare the list. 

Second half of anything is more challenging, right? I always found that finishing is so much harder than starting. BUT! You are a bad ass Mo. You can and will do this. And stay sane. And fed. Preferable as well as possible. Promise? 

post-14185-13735169365536_thumb.jpg

I have enough of a kitchen unpacked to have a little potluck supper ( eaten on my bed, divine) with my two best girlfriends. We had the stewed beef I made many days ago, kale, Brussels sprouts, broccoli (I'm farting, no surprise there) and spearmint lamburger paddies, a little green apple garnish and olives. And kombucha sangrias and raisins coated in cocoa powder. Have not heard from my husband in almost 24 hours- he is staked out on the side of a burning mountain with no cell phone reception, worry is no use, I'm staying busy. Looking forward to a w30 compliant breakfast in the morning and not having to be to work till 2. I'll get our books unpacked before then. I feel at home in the new place even though there is much more to do. Loss of home is a deep trigger for me, and I wobble easily, so feeling as though the sense of HOME has returned is hugely calming. My kids tried hard to keep it together but moving stressed them out, plus we all ate compromise foods and suffered a real loss of vitality and happiness. Looking forward to a Day 1 tomorrow, hopefully followed by consecutive ascension to Day 31.

You sound fantastic Mo. Your energy is lready starting to make its come back. Your kitchen looks like you'll have some good hours cooking in there. I'm so glad your best friends came over to share food with you. Your dog looks at home already! You're back!

Just couldn't get it up for another w30. I just don't feel that bad or desperate as I did when I started in January. I am celebrating the fact that during my recent stress-induced foray into "junk food" I only ate one meal that was total garbage and that was chili cheese fries and milkshake the night before we moved, and it was on my kids bunk bed watching a movie and having this meal together. It was totally worth it. I also didn't eat any grains WHICH IS A FIRST. I've not had gluten in months and months but the rice and corn gf products have taken some time to kick. I feel like this past week was a test and I passed it. I also learned that I don't need to be "in a w30" to correct myself when things get outta hand foodwise. I love myself enough to want to feel good and to get back on track without too many days or too serious of suffering. I felt stressed out about being stressed out and sometimes I just need to dinner down, or take a rest. It go to a rooftop party and dance with my girlfriends in a skintight minidress like I did last night. post-14185-13738520944659_thumb.jpg

Physibeth, all I got from her was it was dried spearmint (just hang stalks upside down to dry then run the leaves into a jar) and the ground lamb. She's pretty low key and lives in a post commercial space with a plug in double burner in a small yet efficient kitchen. Or they were toaster ovened. Usually I bet just some garlic or onion would be enough. So good.

Thanks for the hair compliment Nadia- I've been growing it out for so long it's nice to finally love it. I just air dry it and its mostly straight, a little wavy, more so underneath.

You sound great. Your kitchen looks cute. Love the dress. Feel guilty about being incommunicado as much as eating ice cream from a tub but you make v good points, as always, about not needing to be in a w30 to correct yourself.

I have to weigh my options here. I need a w30 plus wine option. But once I let wine in chocolate and sugar seem to sneak in the back door.

Are you v tall?

Eeeeeeep I'm going to bed reading Sally Fallon Morell's "Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby & Child Care". I've also been poring over my Wise Traditions Journals (quarterly journal of the Weston A Price Foundation, 2 year member here and member of my local chapter). Anyways, I'm a firm believer in these principals and am excitedly incorporating my most cherished WAPF Traditional foods with w30 and low sugars approach. Hubs and I are talking conception so...looking to up my nutrient density and be perpetually calm.

Mo, that's so exciting that you and hubby are talking conception! Is this new or have you been planning? All of the goodness that you've been putting into your body this year is going to serve you so well. I can't stop grinning!

Archived