Lady M, there are a lot on the Health Journeys website. I like Bellaruth's voice, it's deep for a woman and soothing, and her stuff is very helpful if New Age-y. You can listen to samples. I really like all of David Illig's stuff. I also need finance help, but I think I will hit up his Procrastination one next--or maybe I'll do it tomorrow. ;)

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lady M, there are a lot on the Health Journeys website. I like Bellaruth's voice, it's deep for a woman and soothing, and her stuff is very helpful if New Age-y. You can listen to samples. I really like all of David Illig's stuff. I also need finance help, but I think I will hit up his Procrastination one next--or maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

Lol. I felt some irony in spending $10 on a money saving download but whatevs! I'm going to look at some of this stuff when I am at the computer. I didn't have a lot of choice from iTunes. My husband was really angling for me to get one called "relax and enjoy sex"

I bought the Collingwood one last night - haven't had a chance to listen to it yet (if I do it at night I'll just fall asleep!). I listened to the sample before buying though, and I'm a little worried that his voice will drive me nuts - no worse than some of those hippy American accents though, I suppose! I might find a quiet spot at lunchtime and give it a whirl.

BTW - I'm a Kiwi, not an Aussie, so I'm supposed to get irritated by Australian accents - it's in my DNA.

I bought the Collingwood one last night - haven't had a chance to listen to it yet (if I do it at night I'll just fall asleep!). I listened to the sample before buying though, and I'm a little worried that his voice will drive me nuts - no worse than some of those hippy American accents though, I suppose! I might find a quiet spot at lunchtime and give it a whirl.

BTW - I'm a Kiwi, not an Aussie, so I'm supposed to get irritated by Australian accents - it's in my DNA.

I dare you not to fall asleep. It doesn't even matter if you do. It still works. I sleep through it only hearing bits and pieces. He is not speaking to your conscious mind, but your unconscious mind, which as I understand it...you can be unconscious for.

I wake up when he stops talking and it's just theta rhythm and then fall asleep again. Last night I awoke at about 2 am with my headphones askance across my face. I love it though because it has stopped my from taking melatonin.

I got one from the website Beets listed- healthjourneys- for my kids called the Sleep Fairy and it is AWESOME. It's not hypnotizing, just a guided visualization for little ones to relax for bedtime- so cute- "imagine you are a little baby kitten, curled up in a little ball, relaxed, with your tail curled up around your body like a mommy holding a baby" lalalalala I was visualizing MYSELF as a kitten and it was so wonderful! I was a really cute white kitten with gray rings on my tail :wub:

I did it at lunchtime - don't know if it worked 100% as there was quite a bit of distracting background noise. But I definitely felt the hypnotic effect and his voice didn't bug me at all! My hands completely went to sleep though, so I had trouble turning my ipod off when it finished :) . And I didn't eat all my lunch afterwards (although seeing as I left the broccoli and asparagus rather than the chicken and avo, that's probably not that big a deal!).

Will try it again tonight when I go to bed. I've had ones from Roberta Temes before, which were good - much shorter than this though, only around 15 mins each.

Aw I've thought about getting that kids' one. Sounds cute!

I always wake up with headphones wrapped around my face too. I don't think I've ever listened to the David Illig weightloss one all the way through. Every once in awhile I'll hear a line I never heard before.

Sorry Nadia- she didn't really say much about how to address the vit a/d deficiency (gotta buy the e-book, big surprise there). But I do know tannin in high powered tanning beds help me a lot.

Beets- she did say a bit more about exzema- particularly digestive health, not getting nutrients from food or digesting fat soluble vitamins. Not exactly sure- I actually feel asleep.

Men and their stupid effortless weightloss.

Got on the scale today and was happy I'd lost 2 lbs since last week. Till my husband got on and weight 2 lb less than me. He never weighs. We've always been neck and neck. Same height, he has muscles, I have a bedonkadonk. Pouting ensued. Loud and whiny "it's just not fair I hate you" joke pouting. Flinging myself back in bed and wrapping the sheet around my head pouting. Having a little anthropological biological reminder about women's body fat naturally higher...pregnancy...famine...whah whah whah. I told him he wouldn't stand a chance in a famine and felt better. He congratulated me on my psychological acrobats.

Fun times. He is happy he's fitting into the patagonia pants he wore on our first date- which haven't fit much since. I can squeeze into the daisy dukes I was wearing that night but need a little less hips for them to not be so short and tight as to be vulgar. All in all we are happy and healthy. He's not liking the way he feels after drinking (or having cream in his coffee) and he is so supportive. More health and svelte times await!

Just for some perspective on my weightloss goals, here is a picture of two pairs of shorts. The pair underneath are my current pair of perfectly fitting short shorts and the pair laid right on top are the some size, just smaller by about an inch at the waist, and I wore them at my thinnest adult size @10 years ago. Before kids. Why is this important do you ask? In my mind, those top shorts had been much much smaller. I remembered myself then as much smaller than I actually was. What wonderful news. That size is not only attainable, but also utterly irrelevant and holds very little sway over me anymore. My goals are truly focused on health now and I can finally say with conviction, HEALTHY ON PURPOSE, HOT BY ACCIDENT.

post-14185-13689865574444_thumb.jpg

This photo liberated me from the tyranny of weightloss. I think the hypnosis may have something to do with this, but I wouldn't know as I sleep through it and can't hear the subliminal parts anyways. This moment is a culmination of this entire w30 process which began now almost 4 months ago. It feels really good.

Damn! Those are some short shorts. (You remember I have short shorts envy. Even without psoriasis my legs never tan, and I'm self-conscious about veins.)

I think it's great that you compared them and discovered they were not so different.

One of my friends here has the body of a 14yo Eastern European model. Her belly is completely flat, without effort, as it was when her second kid was three months old. (She also is a pediatric ER dr.) Clearly: genetics. The other day I was freezing on the playground and she offered me her jacket. I almost said no, afraid I wouldn't be able to get myself into it, but I was shivering. It fit fine. (Her pants--no way in hell would I get them up past mid-thigh.)

Crazy brains we have!

Yeh Beets I can tell from your thumbnail that you're not as big as you think you are.

I hope this is the year you get your pale-ass veiny chicken stix into some short shorts of your own. Feels good, you would be accepted and loved just the same, and like 20 degrees cooler. ;)

So true, N.

I wish I had a pic of my legs last week, post-flare-up and unshaven for weeks. I really need to get mine waxed (shaving is so irritating) but the hair had gotten too long. And yes my skin is blue. :(

post-19355-13689957468816_thumb.jpgThough looking at this pic I can see my psoriasis is much improved.

post-19355-13689956483752_thumb.jpg

Hey, this is good timing, I was looking through my old photos to show my son who's just got braces what I looked like when I had mine and saw lots of photos of me in my early 20's and I wasn't as small as I remembered either, I reckon I'm not that far off now and probably a better shape even

• Moderators

The guru whose talk I went to yesterday afternoon told a story about a man with eczema who went to his guru for a cure. He had it all over the top of his head, had tried everything, and was desperate. This man was the leader of an ashram, very sweet/kind/loving, beloved in his community. The guru said, I can give you the cure but you will not do it. The man begged, pleaded, and waited. The guru said, it has nothing to do with your body or diet, only your behavior and thoughts. Your eczema will be cured within two weeks. Again, the man begged and pleaded. Finally, the guru relented, when the time came. He said, you are so angry--at your master for dying and leaving you alone, at the people who work for you for mismanaging things . . . and he carried on for a bit describing all the things the man was rightfully angry about . . . but you always smile and when someone slaps you you turn the other cheek. You must go to the ashram and tell everyone that you are angry and why you are angry. Stand in front of everyone and shout it out loud. Make sure they hear it. The man was reluctant, of course, because he didn't want to hurt anyone, but he was desperate to heal the inflammation that plagued him on the top of his head. He did as the guru said. The people were so shocked by his behavior that they turned on him. He lost the ashram and his community. His eczema was healed.

This story was in response to a question about why good people get cancer, or something, and it was just part of his answer. He added something like "When we realize the truth it may be an ugly truth."

I have done lots of work over the years with Louise Hay's you can heal your body work and mantras, and I believe there's merit to it. I don't think it's the magic bullet, however, just as I don't think W30 AIP will be the magic bullet. I believe these ailments we have are strange gifts, in a way, that guide us deeper into ourselves. Cancer at 17 changed and guided my life forever after. Figuring out what it means is simply part of what I'm here to do. I am blessed to know that--and to realize the blessing when I look around and see so many people lost and struggling to make meaning of their lives, or worse, not even trying. This isn't meant as a judgment, really. I don't see myself as any better or better off, really, but the point is I can finally see the blessing in what has felt like a curse.

And the work is not done.

What if our ailments, if what we're facing on a day-to-day basis isn't an anomaly or a strange thing that keeps us from being "normal"? What if it is our path?

(See. This is what happens when you hang out with gurus and return to your morning meditation practice. LadyM gets all woowoo. xoxoxo)

edit: oops, sorry for hijacking your log, Mo. I should have posted this in AIP, which is where I thought I was. DOH.

Lovely Lady M! (Copy and paste it so more/dif people might see it if you like, but you know we have a little group that reads all the same logs)

Woo woo is much welcome here!

I believe these ailments we have are strange gifts, in a way, that guide us deeper into ourselves.

YES.

If it weren't for this psoriasis I'd still be drinking two cups of coffee with half and half for breakfast and freaking out about (or, more accurately, paralyzed by the fear of) never doing anything with my life. I still am working on #2 but I don't feel helpless and so overwhelmed by life.

I love woowoo Lady M.

Same here, trying to get to the bottom of my scalp rash is helping me explore all sorts of healthier behaviour and helping me learn to modify unhealthy habits. And in a way I am happy now that grains and dairy and legumes make me sick because now I have broken the addiction it's really easy and makes me happy not to eat them... Well nearly all the time. Thank goodness for chocolate and dates though

Archived