• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

love your belly photo...and your drive through. I haven't gotten onto the coconut milk train in my coffee, I am still making my own hazelnut milk. problem is my husband keeps drinking it in his coffee, too. moocher.

I like the way the shellac mani looks (def makes my big hands seem more fem), and it stays good looking for 3 weeks- but it damages my nails, makes them thin. Then I don't want to NOT have it on bc they look worse than before. And the time it takes! What a waste I think. And the money! $30 for something that has zero intrinsic value and will have disappeared from existence in mere weeks!

yeah I get the jessica gelleration, but if fooks up your nails, esp if you peel it off when it starts chipping :ph34r:

I love how it looks in the mirror in the squat rack...not that that will be happening anytime soon :unsure: the squatting, not the nails obv.

love your belly photo...and your drive through. I haven't gotten onto the coconut milk train in my coffee, I am still making my own hazelnut milk. problem is my husband keeps drinking it in his coffee, too. moocher.

Put in a beaker labelled EBM :lol:

I was wondering when the bad feelings would come...they are here. My knees hurt. I'm so sad. Listless even. Round belly, so round.

I had coffee and chocolate and sushi today. The sushi had so much stuff globbed on top (that's how we do it in Texas) now I am fearing there was some gluten in there. Or it's just the gluten cross-reactivity of the cof, choc and rice. Blergh, what a mess I am. I cancelled two appointments this afternoon so I could just rest in quiet before I pick up kids. I fear that my mood will be unpredictable, the house is still a wreck from before the weekend, and I still have so much to do and I feel terrible. Took 4 advil to help with inflammation. Drinking kombucha. Going to take digestive enzymes and make fresh ginger tea.

Dinner will be bone broth reduced with sea veg (more anti-inflammatory) and an early bedtime. I distinctly remember this feeling. It's the way I felt the day I found w30 and I had had enough. I knew at that time exactly what foods caused me to feel poorly, and I was excited that w30 eliminated all of them with strict rules. I'm a little disappointed right now that the w30 discourages people from staying on it long term. What if we find comfort in the rules? What if doing it once or twice isn't enough to keep us away from harmful foods forever? Am I a bad person for eating sushi? Or chocolate even? Coffee?!?!?! I mean not the most wild and crazy off road ever right?! Because feeling this way kind of makes it look like I've done a very bad thing.

:(:angry::mellow::huh:<_<:unsure::wacko::blink:

well, I think that sums it up.

I feel you.

The mini AIP ends and I go off the rails. First feeling in control but having a little fun. Wheee! Then I take it too far and feel like crap and have to dig my way out, once again.

The good thing is you know what you have to do and I don't think it'll take as long to get back where you want to be.

well, from someone who did a whole100 (there were only 7 of us left at the end) I can understand your sentiments. the reason it's not encouraged is because life does happen. the goal is to be compliant with the reality that once in a while (weekly lunch out, etc) we don't have to be so strict. problem is, for me, that it doesn't work that way. I'm a slipper and slider. once in a while becomes a little more...then a tiny bit more...etc. so I am, for right now, re-setting 3x a year (June, October, and Feb). I just have to plan it that way. I'm doing ok, but it's really only been a month and a half since our 100 days ended.

there are about 5 of our group that's doing another whole30 starting June (one of us already started...) - come join us!!! I am starting the 3rd

Yeah, Join us Moluv, I need the coffee free, cocoa free, coconut free support. I am amazed at the withdrawal symptoms I am getting from cocoa, and I do think its cross reactive for me as the bloating and skin issues I have been having are my typical gluten ones....

I think it's fine to decide to ban certain foods from your diet forever due to how they make you feel, just not to yoyo with the whole30 mentality re exclusions for a fixed period etc.

I know Susan's non whole30 diet is very similar to a whole30, mine is going to be too I think.

Thanks guys. Doing another w30 would backfire. I'm mad at myself for trying to test my limits- the sushi was the breaking point for sure. I don't really want to have "rules". I am becoming a person that just wants to make the best choice for myself for the sake of making the best choice, sometimes I am not pleased at the rate which it is happening.

post-14185-13697931850563_thumb.jpg

No point in logging my food today. Suffice it to say, I did not come home and drink broth and go to bed. I cleaned like a mad person and snacked like one too. Nothing too heinous, but when you've eaten really clean and felt really amazing as I have (short lived as it may have been) eating cottage cheese just kinda makes ya feel gross. I love my gross self, make no mistake.

Im so sorry that you feel like crap. I really want you to feel good. I get wanting to just be able to make good choices. Today reading ISWF, it said that for some the W30 isn't enough. I think that's true for me. I need more time. When I wake up feeling great, I will know I can test things for myself. I hope you wake up feeling better.

• Moderators

I feel like crap now too and kinda wondering if I'll ever feel good again. That's my slippery slope.

What would probably help is if we could just surrender to the cycles. We weren't designed to feel fabulous all the time any more than we were designed for strict rules all the time.

Feel like crap. Rein it in. Feel better. Stay there for a while. Have a little too much fun with food and drink. Feel like crap. Rein it in. Feel better. Stay there for a while. In between, try to focus on something other than food.

It's that last one I'd like to lengthen.

For me a question is how much is it really about the food and how much is about control? My SI joints are out of whack (despite an adjustment yesterday) and that throws me off altogether. It's got nothing to do with food. It's in my control to some extent, but it's a structural issue with my body I live with. Doesn't make me bad. Does, strangely enough, make me feel fat. Because that's where my mind/body goes whenever anything is out of whack. My go-to self punishment.

That is what I'd like to end if not minimize.

Sorry for that ramble. And sorry if it doesn't resonate. Food is important, but it's not everything. Chris Kresser's article The Biggest Obstacle to Perfect Health is Your Mind http://chriskresser....596a81b8950899c pretty much spoke to me through a megaphone. I know I'm getting in my own way more than food is. A MUCH more difficult thing to rein in, unfortunately. . . .

Love and hugs to you, darlin'. This too shall pass. Glad we're on our individual journeys together here collectively. It really helps me to not feel so crazy or alone. :wub:

This is getting deep and meaningful! I overate on my whole100 due to "the diet restriction" mentality or should I say reaction but I didn't mind because I wanted to break my sugar dragon. Now I am planning a whole30 because I know I m still not balanced because I am struggling with my scalp rash... Something is triggering it and I want to know what. I have a few ideas. I also want to improve my sleep and happiness and I think coconut, coffee, nuts and cocoa hold the key. I really want to get to three meals a day too as my digestion seems to function better eating less often but I need to come to terms with less variety and not want to have a swypo dessert..... Coffee plays a part here too.

I agree one of the biggest downsides in achieving the right balance is that you miss it when you no longer have it and feel like you have gone backwards. For that reason I have stopped worrying about my fitness levels as its impossible to maintain to the same degree.

Thanks for the article. My weak link right now is definitely the feeling of unsettledness that stems from renting a house while we attempt to build (ourselves) a type of home I don't even think I want anymore. I've begun discussing it with my husband, sending him links to houses in the country. We need to save money and probably sell our land. I don't know. It's my weak link. It feels enormous. And made worse by the fact that I can only work on it as part of a team. And the other half of my team has been dreaming and scheming for a decade on the very plan I am ready to walk away from. Hello stress management!

• Moderators

Oooof. That's tough. I'm glad you're raising your worries with your husband. It can't be easy, but how could you not talk about your fears with him? Now is certainly better than later!

I am also wondering if I'll ever feel great. I think for me it's not food but my mental state. I thought food would help on that front, and it has to a degree, but I think I need to do other work. By nature I'm just not an energetic, positive, get things done kind of person. I'd like to be. Maybe with the right combo of food, exercise and meditation I can get there.

Lady M, I am going to read that article. I am sure it will resonate with me.

Truth be told, I have been eating a lot of sugar. In the last few days I've had that chocolate but before that it was reaching for dried fruit for an energy boost.

M, we also rent. Our rent is going up $100 next month. Might not sound like much but I'm freaking out. I do the budget and there's nothing we can cut except groceries--and that just makes me anxious.

I hope you can work it out with your husband. Have you talked to him lately? Maybe he's just going through the motions? My husband and I were always off-kilter in terms of one of us wanting to leave the city and one wanting to stay. Now we both want to leave, but the finances aren't there. A chunk of land sounds amazing to me, but you are right to think you both need to be on the same page for that kind of adventure.

After reading yesterday's and today's comments, let me just say this: It Starts with Food.

While it starts there, it is SO not all about the food as you know. You have your lives to live, you have celebrations, stress, kids that need attending. You have to find that balance.

I like to think about this as a swinging pendulum. The way you ate before your first whole30 was the pendulum far left. You on a whole30 is the pendulum far right. After your whole30, you may let that pendulum swing left again, but I don't believe it goes all the way back. I want my food choices to mostly resemble whole30/Paleo, but I allow for occasions. This is what I have defined as my center. You may do another whole30, but each time that pendulum swings left it is closer to the center than it was before. I had thoughts of doing my own whole30 in June, but when I realized I was pretty darned close to my defined center, I realized I didn't need one.

Now, if you have life interrupting your swinging pendulum, and in some cases, pushing it back to the left, I believe the regimentation and the rules are the whole30 may be just what you need to give you one less thing to think about.

Just some rambling thoughts on a Wednesday :).

Hahaha I just started my period. That does more to explain how I felt yesterday than what I ate. It also explains WHY I ate what I ate. And the few extra lbs. and the pimple. And the kp flare.

KB is right. I've got my food under a microscope and I'm missing the big picture.

Archived