What are you making for dinner tonight?

kimberj

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished ground beef lettuce wraps with sweet potatoes and guacamole. Yum!

Ooh, I have some chile saved for guac. WHY did I just make my ground beef into a different kind of chile? Looks like that meal may have to go into the freezer.

I'm making the Chocolate Chili from Well Fed tonight (first time) in the slow cooker to feed to my non-Paleo guests. My husband of course said "gross" but he is nowhere close to ready to change his food habits.

This was delicious and a big hit with my guests but it is the only thing I've eaten since going Paleo (not done my W30 yet) that has given me massive heart burn. :-( I know I have issues with bell peppers so I'm wondering if there was just enough chili powder in this recipe to give a reaction. I've had it in other recipes without problems. So bummed because it was so good!

Spicy duck curry from this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Paleo-Slow-Cooker-Gluten-Free/dp/1937994074/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366916512&sr=8-1&keywords=paleo+slow+cooker

It's been in the slow cooker since lunchtime & it smells yummy! Plus i cooked the "discarded" skins from the duck breasts as a snack & have half a jar of duck fat in the fridge - win/win

I have to share! Tried to convert my parents, cooked for them and studied shopping lists for a week. Then let them alone with their word to follow the template. Going to see them tonight. Called Dad to ask if he needs kombucha. He reported that he is making stuffed acorn squash and other "caveman stuff you taught me". I am intrigued and happy. Is my experiment working?!

Spicy duck curry from this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Paleo-Slow-Cooker-Gluten-Free/dp/1937994074/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366916512&sr=8-1&keywords=paleo+slow+cooker

It's been in the slow cooker since lunchtime & it smells yummy! Plus i cooked the "discarded" skins from the duck breasts as a snack & have half a jar of duck fat in the fridge - win/win

I had no idea Chris Kresser had cookbooks. I have made a couple of his recipes and really liked them.

I'm making the Chocolate Chili from Well Fed tonight (first time) in the slow cooker to feed to my non-Paleo guests. My husband of course said "gross" but he is nowhere close to ready to change his food habits.

I made this again for the third time on Monday and it's hands down the best chilli I've ever had. I add 2 scotch bonnets to it (no seeds) which gives it such a kick. We have it over cauliflower rice with avocado slices, or over sweet potato or parsnips. Leftovers kept me going for 3 days!

Tonight is fried New York strip with rutabaga fries and spinach salad. I love Whole30!

Tonight is New York strip with rutabaga fries and spinach salad.

Tonight we're having a weeknight favorite: meat spaghetti sauce (tonight with venison) and since we can't find spaghetti squash anywhere, I started ricing a bag of frozen broccoli and cauliflower and cooking it with onions, coconut oil, parsley, garlic, and s&p. My husband bought the mixed bag instead of cauliflower, but it's a PERFECT base for the spaghetti sauce. You can mix it up with the sauce or don't in a big bowl. SO GOOD! Comfort food at it's finest in this house.

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight we have friends over. Dinner is 4lb of pork loin, slow cooked using The Clothes Makes the Girl's Italian pork roast with a bunch of roasted veggies - 1 lb of mushrooms (oyster, button), 4 sweet potatoes, 5 parsnips, and the rest of the carrots in the fridge.

Snacks aren't all compliant, but dinner is!

I am going to a Spanish themed dinner party tonight. Wish me luck. I don't look forward to the questions and comments if I have to refuse a lot of the food. My husband was in charge of dessert. He was a party pooper, and bought a carrot cake instead of making something Spanish. :) He bought an extra slice of carrot cake (my favorite) just for me to eat because he knew I wasn't going to eat dessert at the party. HUH?

Why can people just not remember for 30 days? Sigh.

So, I'm not sure what I'm having! That brings me to a question I will post elsewhere in a minute...

I took leftover Nomnom's chicken with gravy and turned it into a soup with a bunch of veggies, tomato paste, beef stock (its what I had) and poached eggs on top to increase the protein. It turned out really good.

Archived