GI Disturbances Remain on Day 20

(Sorry for the somewhat graphic nature of this post!) This is day 20 of my first Whole30. No cheats! I started having a lot of gas, bloating, rumbling stomach, diarrhea almost right away when I began. Someone advised trying digestive enzymes, so I went and bought a good one, as well as a good probiotic, which I've been taking pretty regularly, although I'm not taking the digestive enzymes with EVERY meal. The gas and bloating is better, but I defintely still have some issues. I'll have sudden cramping and need to get to the bathroom quickly. This isn't necessarily every day, but most BMs are loose. I'm already looking ahead to the reintroduction phase and thinking that if this is still going on 10 days from now, how will I know if something I reintroduce is affecting me? I realize it could effect me in a different way, but I really haven't noticed a lot of other health improvements. I do wake up easier in the morning, less groggy, and I may have less joint pain than I was previously experiencing, and definitely fewer cravings and decreased appetite, but that's about it.

So, any ideas about the GI symptoms? I'm only taking the probiotic once per day. Maybe I should increase that? Also, I am eating fruit probably once or twice a day...

I am in the same boat as you... always hits right away in the morning... (the bathroom issue) I haven't started the probiotic, so maybe will start that. I've read on here it usually subsided after the 3rd week... but I'm right there with you... not liking this part of whole30.

Will watch to see what people say about this...

Some things to look at:

Overall intake of starchy veg like sweet potatoes - some folks find that these veg help calm a motive belly

Overall intake of insoluble fiber - this helps bulk stools and can counteract the quickness that comes from extra fats

Overall intake of fats - try cutting back to the minimum recommendation for a day or two and see if that helps. If it does, you may be having a hard time adjusting to the increase of fat. If your digestive enzyme doesn't contain ox bile, find one that does.

Specific trigger foods - what are you eating (if anything) immediately before the urgent episodes.

Those are all the most common causes of this issue at this stage of the game. Hope to hear a good report!

Archived