Can't stop thinking about coconut butter?!

ckcc7

I'm on day 20 and am constantly thinking about food. Even though I know I can't have unapproved foods, I'm now craving to munch all day on coconut butter (which I never even tried until day 1!), roasted nuts, grapefruit or any other textured food, like larabars (gasp!) ... So what should I do? Rid my kitchen of even the approved things since I'm craving them and indulging my sugar dragon? Or am I okay to have them as snacks?

If you feel like you're out of control, it seems best to get rid of them. I can not have Larabars, nuts, or nut butters in my house (coconut flakes may be added to the list soon). Generally we shouldn't need snacks if we're eating enough at meals, but if we do have snacks it should be a mini-meal...not something "snacky." Fruit isn't even a good choice for a snack.

If they're feeding your sugar dragon, indulging in them is only going to make it harder for you. I'm a great believer in making things as easy as possible, therefor removing temptation wherever possible. This is coming from the woman who spent weeks looking for compilant raisins (without any icky additives) for a recipe and then threw two pounds of them in the bin when I realised I found them pretty irresistable. It was one of the best things I've ever done ;)

If you feel like you're out of control, it seems best to get rid of them. I can not have Larabars, nuts, or nut butters in my house (coconut flakes may be added to the list soon). Generally we shouldn't need snacks if we're eating enough at meals, but if we do have snacks it should be a mini-meal...not something "snacky." Fruit isn't even a good choice for a snack.

If they're feeding your sugar dragon, indulging in them is only going to make it harder for you. I'm a great believer in making things as easy as possible, therefor removing temptation wherever possible. This is coming from the woman who spent weeks looking for compilant raisins (without any icky additives) for a recipe and then threw two pounds of them in the bin when I realised I found them pretty irresistable. It was one of the best things I've ever done ;)

I have to agree with aforementioned advice. Unfortunately food without brakes isn't limited to things that are off plan entirely...for me, it's dried fruit and nut butters when I'm on a whole30...darn you!

Archived