Day 3, 9yr old son up each night with cramping

Lana Lyon Dorazio

We are finishing day 3. Yeah us! :) My kids are being troopers and doing well. I have lived in the kitchen, but I'm considering it a learning curve . . .

My 9 yr old son has come into our room in the middle of the night day 1 and day 2 with serious cramping. He doesn't need to go to the bathroom. It seems to run it's course after an hour or so. Does anyone know why that might be happening? He is not overweight at all, and out of all my kids has always been the healthiest and best eater. Is it that he is eating a lot more vegetables? What could I give him to help relieve the pain?

Thanks! Lana Dorazio

I have similar feelings when I overindulge in my favorite veggies ( Brussell sprouts, cabbage and broccoli etc)

not sure how the "powers that be" feel about using a product like beano.. But it works... No more gas/cramping....from eating too many brussell sprouts!!!! A real world problem at my house ( God bless Costco !)

I've had cramping the first 10 days before....my naturopath told me it was the bad gut bacteria dying off because you are not feeding the yeast/etc anymore with bad foods.....you are only giving it good so the cramping can happen because of healing. It makes sense to me because it happens every time I eat well...and it doesn't return while I'm eating well. So have him stick to it and hopefully it gets better!! Lots of water too!!! Flush the yuckies out!!

Yes, I used activated charcoal....it sweeps out the bad bacteria....He could use if for a few days....but it does stop some absortion of nutrients while you use it but if he has bad bacteria he probably isn't absorbing great anyway!

Archived