Looking at starting on May 1/13

FischerRo

• Moderators

I keep boiled eggs in the refrigerator all the time and buy two or three packages of salsa at Whole Foods each week. Then I eat three boiled eggs cut into quarters with 4 or 5 tablespoons of salsa for breakfast most days. Whole Foods sells maybe a dozen different salsas and at least 3 or 4 of them are made without added sugar and are Whole30 compliant.

I'm starting the same day, and I have been eating leftovers for breakfast for years. I had only recently switched over to nuts & yogurt, but leftovers do make an awesome breakfast. Especially if it is hearty like a bowl of whole30 chili. But scrambled eggs/omelets can have any number of things added. I like wilted chard, or taco beef & salsa.

I'm planning on starting May 1st, too. My big concern (other than "can I do this?!?") is my crazy schedule. I work a LOT and dinner is often shredded wheat, dried apricots, almonds & FF milk. Does anyone have suggestions on how to plan ahead when all of your meals might be eaten at work? TIA

Hello,

I'm planning to start on the first as well. I've been eating Primal 80% since January 1st. I think dairy and dark chocolate will be my difficult foods to give up, as well as the occasionally gluten I've ingested since starting Primal. I'm going to take it one day at a time for 30 days.

Ldmd- mason jar salads are awesome..you can make a dozen on Sunday and they will last all week.... A couple tweaks I've discovered... You really pack the lettuce in and I wanted to be able to shake my salad (dirty dishes quadruple during whole 30 .,.And I have landfill guilt) so the last thing I add is iceberg lettuce ( which is simply a space filler, and gets thrown out so I can shake )!

There are a ton of recipes on line,but the most important rule is to keep the wet stuff away from the lettuce. (shredded cabbage does this beautifully)

The second tweak is master homemade mayo as early in your whole 30 as possible! homemade mayo alone will change your life! ðŸ˜

Also Whole 30 leftovers are obscenely good ... So Every time you cook, cook for +1 (I am horrible about planning ahead, but do know how to cook for big eyes!)

good luck! The most delicious month of your life is right round the corner!

Hi, I'm new in this forum. Planning to start on the first as well. Last months were on Dukan diet, lost 12kg. Now would like to try more strict and healthier regime. Weekends are the most dangerous for my attitude. :rolleyes:

Ldmd- mason jar salads are awesome..you can make a dozen on Sunday and they will last all week.... A couple tweaks I've discovered... You really pack the lettuce in and I wanted to be able to shake my salad (dirty dishes quadruple during whole 30 .,.And I have landfill guilt) so the last thing I add is iceberg lettuce ( which is simply a space filler, and gets thrown out so I can shake )!

There are a ton of recipes on line,but the most important rule is to keep the wet stuff away from the lettuce. (shredded cabbage does this beautifully)

The second tweak is master homemade mayo as early in your whole 30 as possible! homemade mayo alone will change your life! 😊
Also Whole 30 leftovers are obscenely good ... So Every time you cook, cook for +1 (I am horrible about planning ahead, but do know how to cook for big eyes!)

good luck! The most delicious month of your life is right round the corner!

Thank you, bethann67!! I love this idea. I'll have to get some mason jars. Do you use the quart size (I can't imagine two cups of salad being enough to hold me until the next meal).

I saw the mayo recipe in ISWF and since I'm starting my Whole30 mid-week, I figured I'd tackle it next weekend. I did a mess of cooking yesterday so I'm ready for May 1st.

Thanks again...I need all the help I can get!!

Cooking egg, spinach and sausage muffins or frittatas are good for breakfast. Make once and serves 2-3 meals. Diced sweet potato hash is quick and can go with any protein for breakfast. I got the recipe from Nom Nom Paleo website.

Cooking egg, spinach and sausage muffins or frittatas are good for breakfast. Make once and serves 2-3 meals. Diced sweet potato hash is quick and can go with any protein for breakfast. I got the recipe from Nom Nom Paleo website.

Thanks, Keianna! I made a frittata yesterday but the sweet potato hash sounds great, too. Definitely want to mix it up so I don't get sick of what I'm eating.

For breakfast, I like to make a dozen or two dozen egg muffins on Sunday night for the week ahead. you can use a muffin tin and mix/match different combinations (e.g. I might put peppers and onions in a few muffins, mushrooms in others, broccoli and garlic in the rest and mix/match the spices). Once they are cooked and stored, you can re-heat the ones you want to eat in the morning and it gives you a bit of variety to choose from.

Today is my last day of Whole30 and I PROMISE that the worries in the days leading up to Day 1 and those first days after you start are tough but you will be doing just fine in no time! It is well worth it. Good luck everybody!!!!!!!

Archived