I find canned coconut milk to taste like the can...

Aroyo-d is 100% coconut and is in a septic container. I still can't figure out how to open it without splashing my face but it is very good. I also dislike TJ brand. I do like their light for iced coffee.

As far as BOA goes, Chris Kessler has a very good article about it.

Aroyo-d is 100% coconut and is in a septic container. I still can't figure out how to open it without splashing my face but it is very good. I also dislike TJ brand. I do like their light for iced coffee.

As far as BOA goes, Chris Kessler has a very good article about it.

That just calls to mind a septic tank :blink:

Trader Joe's lite doesn't have any of the additives (guar gum, which I think is actually responsible for what I interpret as "can flavor"). I grab that sometimes because it's convenient. Aroy-D in the can doesn't have guar gum either, and it tastes fine to me. I just dump it out of the can into a glass jar after opening. I would like to worry about BPA, but ordering $3 cans of coconut milk online is a bridge too far for me. Aroy-D is the best of what I can get locally.

Trader Joe's lite doesn't have any of the additives (guar gum, which I think is actually responsible for what I interpret as "can flavor"). I grab that sometimes because it's convenient. Aroy-D in the can doesn't have guar gum either, and it tastes fine to me. I just dump it out of the can into a glass jar after opening. I would like to worry about BPA, but ordering $3 cans of coconut milk online is a bridge too far for me. Aroy-D is the best of what I can get locally.

Smart thinking Befab. :) I think you are right about guar gum. That is why I loved the Golden Star at Walmart. Coconut and water. That is it.

Archived