Whole 30 - Take 2! 4.22.13

tracysparrow

Wine is the hardest for sure. Fridays and Saturday nights are not super fun on whole30.

Based of off my previous whole 30, I felt the weight loss benefits kick in more like day 45. I did a successful and rule following 30 days. Post 30 i slowly reintroduced a couple of glasses of wine on weekends, with a pretty much whole30 by the book week, and maybe a special occasion dinner here and there. After the first 30 i had shed a little bit of weight, but mostly lost that bloated and puffy feeling. Around 45 days was when I was noticing the number on the scale was actually getting smaller. Point being, i think for weight loss, long term 45, 60 are really going to be your way to go.

Glad everyone is feeling good. I have yet to have a food dream. I am so excited about this... the food dreams last time were completely amazing and i would wake up feeling so down and guilty.

So it's Day 15, which means we're half way there!! I've been doing okay. Friday my skin broke out and I wanted nothing more than a giant "Tres de Mayo" margarita, but I didn't go down that path. Instead, on Saturday I got out on my fave hiking path and found that I was nowhere near as sore as I used to be afterward. . .I guess something good IS happening. ^_^ How's everyone else doing today?

17 Days in. . .anybody feeling tiger blood running through their veins, yet? :D I'm definitely sleeping well and feeling more sustained energy throughout the day. I wonder what's been happening for others. . .

Hi Jenny35! I am definitely sleeping better too. Last week the cravings were pretty bad, for bread and cookies, but I managed to stick to the diet and I'm feeling good. At the weekend, we threw a BBQ in our back yard and not being able to have a beer or glass of wine was tough. It's all worth it though. I'm fitting into pants I couldn't comfortably wear pre-pregnancy (2 years ago). I must admit on Monday, there were some Kings Hawaiian sweet bread rolls left and I took a bite of one. Funnily enough, whilst chewing, it seemed to me the food tasted of chemicals and not as delicious as I remembered, so I spat it out. I think that's put an end to the bread cravings :D

That's all great to hear, TiaGia73! I hope I have the same reaction to my previously beloved pastries and bread one day! I was also struggling with cravings last week (the mental kind, not physical--I'm still always so full from my meals!). It's just tough to be the only person not letting loose and having drinks in a party setting, but surprisingly (for me, anyway) it IS POSSIBLE. Ha. I feel like my most recent work party was a real test (all my old faves were there: cheese, wine, chips, chocolate cake) and I passed with flying colors. Who'd have ever thunk it? :P Anyway, I really couldn't be more pleased with this program.

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa, it's already Day 26!! How's everyone doing? I'm feeling pretty settled into my routine and sleeping great. Had a dream I was eating a bowl of 'candy soup", whatever that is :blink:. Was super glad to discover I was still Whole30 compliant upon waking, though. Ha ha.

How's everyone doing?

Hey everyone! It's Day 30, in case you forgot! This really flew by for me, so I can see how it could happen.

Who else is celebrating their big 3-0 with me today?! Holla! :P

Anyway, thank you all for the encouragement and the sharing of your stories--it really meant a lot to me.

Congrats and best of luck with all your future endeavors, too!

:) -Jenny

@tracysparrow: I'm still laughing about "paleo with soft edges!" Oh, the things we tell ourselves.

It's good as a newbie (I'm on day 8 of my 1st W30), to hear from people who've already been round the block.

Shelda

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone! I don't know if anyone is still checking in on the forums but I just wanted to say I'm starting another Whole30 tomorrow, August 1st (after getting WAY off track for a few months now :( ). I hope you are all doing great and enjoying the summer!

Archived