Hi I'm Alan

AToE

Hello I'm AToE/Alan, was introduced to this website by my lovely fiancé Melliebustacey and finally decided to join the forum. Not really sure what the heck I'll be talking about on here, as I am not currently on paleo nor anything resembling it (other than the fact that Mel does the majority of the cooking and we try to basically cook everything for her diet, then I just add rice or whatever if I feel I need the calorie bump, toast with my breakfast being the most common example). I don't currently plan on ever following her diet, THAT SAID I will be doing a whole30 with her soon, and hey, if I notice improvements in how I feel/perform then I will certainly shift my diet in that direction. I just don't currently believe that omitting the grains will have any positive effect for me, but trying it out for myself is of course the only way to find out - I'm a scientific minded person and I'm never above being proven wrong, in fact I love being proven wrong because it proves to myself that I've kept my mind open. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So now that I've got that out of the way, might as well explain what I DO do with myself and my diet haha! I am essentially a bodybuilder who doesn't look like one yet, have been on that path for coming up on 2 years now. I am a natural builder (no steroids) and plan on remaining that way forever. Hopefully I can have some great conversations on here about training, since I won't be a terrible amount of help with the whole diet thing as per the whole9 lifestyle. I do agree with the vast majority of the whole9 approach to nutrition though, the articles on here are fantastic from what I've read so far- I am a huge advocate of a high-fat diet (for ANY fitness goal), and from watching how this diet has helped Mel with her lupus I can say it definitely seems to work in that regard. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So...yeah. I have NO IDEA what I'm talking about in regard to whole9 diet, so I will really mainly just be asking questions. I do have a good nutritional knowledgebase though, especially from a bodybuilding point of view so I can definitely contribute on that front (and none of my bodybuilding diet beliefs actually say that ANY of the foods you all avoid are in any way shape or form necessary, so no conflict there at all haha), and then training (for bodybuilding and powerlifting, not anything else really) I do have plenty of knowledge as well, so I can hopefully be constructive in those sorts of discussions. Anyways - hello! EDIT: oh, and I am already slowly becoming a convert on dairy thanks to this site... so I may not be quite as stubborn as I think I am :)

Hi handsome :wub: happy you're on here now! Lots to read and talk about on here (and Nad's probably gonna bug you for your vindaloo recipe hehe). Makes me smile that you're willing to do a W30 with me here soon, and you have more to impart to the forums than you admitted here--the recipe section is basically calling to you. xoxo

Thanks! First thing I read off this site actually, Mel thought it would interest me. I have a few minor quibbles with it, but respect it very much and am not surprised fantastic results were acheived as whole9's aproach to food is very healthy in my opinion and a very good fit for many bodybuilders.

Archived