Dear MyFitness Pal: A Break-Up Letter

Dear MyFitnessPal: After a solid month of not using you, I have to say that leaving you in the dust was the best thing I've ever done for myself, mentally and physically. No longer do I waste my time and energy stressing over every bite; nor scanning endless barcodes, nor hating myself for eating (let alone enjoying my food). Knowing that the food I consume is healthy, good fuel means that I have found solid happiness in everything I consume, and being mindful of the ingredients I put into my body takes less time and brings me more health. It was a slice (of low-fat cheese) while it lasted, but I'm so much better without you. Love, Melliebustacey. (note: I logged in last night to get the nutritional breakdown of a recipe AToE and I whipped up (for AToE's curiosity, I really don't care anymore!) and the minor heart palpitations I had were so ridiculous that I shook my head and realized how insane my prior calorie obsession was. Here's to healthy, happy, WHOLE ME!)

For me the final straw in our relationship came when I told my husband that I would not be able to have the lovely oven roasted tomatoes he had cooked with our steak because I needed to keep the calories for the chips instead, A voice deep down inside of me knew that this was deeply flawed behaviour being driven by numbers. The freedom is great!

For me the final straw in our relationship came when I told my husband that I would not be able to have the lovely oven roasted tomatoes he had cooked with our steak because I needed to keep the calories for the chips instead, A voice deep down inside of me knew that this was deeply flawed behaviour being driven by numbers. The freedom is great!

It really is, isn't it? We're slaves to the wrong things in life, for sure. Breaking the chains is a beautiful thing!

Archived