Hello :)

Crystal

Just wanted to check in, to keep myself accountable...

I started my Whole30 almost two weeks ago (I don't remember if I started on a Saturday or a Sunday... I feel like it's good for me that I lost track though, because that means that I'm not watching the calendar like a hawk, counting down the days until I can binge on sweets).

It's weird how easy these two weeks have been for me. I went paleo in Feb 2011, but a few months ago I started allowing myself cheats on the weekends, local dairy and such in the beginning, but then it started spilling over in the week and my sugar consumption was out of check; I was just a mess. I have never lost any weight while eating paleo, and I thought maybe it was because I wasn't being strict enough--so I decided to go for a Whole30.

Not sure if I've lost any weight (I've been staying off the scales), but it doesn't feel like it yet. Also, I've had pretty bad acne since I was a teen, though it lessened a bit since going paleo. However, since starting my Whole30, I've had the worst acne I've had in recent history. I am wondering if it might be because of an increase in nut consumption, and if I might have some sort of nut allergy. After my first 30 days, I am planning on continuing with this lifestyle for as long as possible, so I might experiment with no nuts (although I am scared that too many restrictions will derail me).

Well, this check in was much longer than I expected, but there is my story. Now I can't back out!

Hi Crystal! I'm new myself so I'm not an expert but could it be that your body is getting rid of toxins and that's the reason for the acne? O rmaybe you are sensitive to something you're eating more of. (Like the nuts.) Good luck! (I also have a weakness for sweets.)

Hi Crystal! I'm new too. :) I've definitely read about a lot of people having sensitivity to nuts, so it seems totally plausible that that could be it. I wouldn't worry too much about too many restrictions -- once you're done the 30 days, you can always add back in a few other foods if you can tolerate them, to replace the nuts -- like greek yogurt or occasional legumes. It seems like that's the spirit of the program -- just to figure out what works for you and what doesn't.

@Lyn1: I didn't think about how it could just be my body detoxing. I think you might have hit the nail on the head with that, because my skin is much clearer this week :-)

Thanks for the kind words you guys! Good luck to y'all as well!

Archived