2nd Whole30 and Reintroduction

I completed my first Whole30 in February and had been semi-paleo for about 6 months prior to that. I didn't read ISWF during my first Whole30 which I REGRET A LOT. I just finished the book and it took me about a day and a half to read. It was incredible and explained so many things that I had questions about. I'm currently on day 22 of my second whole30, unintentionally. I feel so much better when I eat compliant foods! I never declared that I was doing a second Whole30, but I just ended up doing it! Now, that I've read the book, I'm curious about reintroduction. Since I didn't read the book during my first whole30, I didn't do proper reintroduction and introduced way too much at one time and I felt AWFUL. But I didn't know if it was the rice, the dairy, or what. So, now I'm aware of the reintroduction process, but I'm a little scared to do it. I was hoping someone could give my some advice? Or tips? I have a lot of guilt that I've associated with certain foods and ISWF has put a lot of new perspective in for me and I'm trying to work on it. I'm just a little scared of reintroduction.

No need to be scared or feel guilty about eating the "bad" foods. You are doing this to gain knowledge of what these foods do to you, it's a great exercise! I have learned so much.

Tips - well, don't mix any ingredients together. If you want to test sugar, don't combine it with dairy or wheat...separate everything out. If you don't notice any reactions on day 1 of a reintro, you could have some more on day 2. Then wait a few days before you try something else. Pay attention to your emotions, not just physical reactions. You may find some foods turn on your junk food or sugar cravings, or make you depressed/moody (I'm looking at you, stupid sugar). Above all, I'd say just make sure your reintros don't snowball into totally uncontrolled eating or slipping back into your old habits. Come up with a plan for each food, and try to stick to it. Buy small portions of things (even if it's more expensive) so you don't feel compelled to eat a lot of anything just to "use it up."

Archived