Beware the Bacon Dragon!

I finally got around to cooking my sugar-free, grass-fed bacon from US Wellness Meats tonight and let me tell you!! My Bacon Dragon has awaken! I didn't make bacon a lot before but I did or when someone else was cooking it, I just couldn't keep my hands out! I wanted to have another cooking fat choice so I decided to make the bacon. Thankfully, i have enough fat to last awhile because I cooked the pieces of fat until just about all the fat was cooked out of them (I bought end ends and pieces as they are cheaper than the nice, even strips) but I also found that I ate close to half of the bacon! :D.

To review the bacon, it's definitely not like store-bought! It is a very natural, meaty flavor and texture. The fat that came off was so much cleaner too. It's a lovely dark, golden color. I can't wait to fry up some eggs!

Needless to say, by the time I sat down for dinner, it was pretty much all veggies! ;)

I had the same problem tonight!!! We smoked a pork belly this weekend and the hubby decided we should probably try some of our home made bacon tonight. WOW!!! It was AMAZING but I sure haven't felt that out of control around food in awhile! I made sure not to slice up the whole belly because I thought that might be the case and that way I couldn't cook (and eat!) the entire thing. That turned out to be a really good idea!! Oh, and then I used some of the dripping to cook my brussel sprouts. YUM!!!!

Yes. The bacon dragon is real and it is very active!!

Archived