What to do with left over mashed sweet potatoes...

SpinSpin

I made a pork roast yesterday for dinner and I have left overs. I used to make potato soup out of left over mashed white potatoes, but I wonder would that work with sweets. It probably would, but I would like something a bit more.... MORE, if you know what I mean.

What would you do with left over mashed sweets? I am now thinking about something with curry maybe??

I love to have left over mashed sweet potatoes for breakfast. With a little ground beef and a runny egg or two. Sounds strange but its an oddly comforting, yummy and warm breakfast!

One of my favorite breakfasts or any other meal for that matter. I bake a few sweet potatoes every week and use my immersion blender and mix in coconut milk, ghee, cinnamon and cayenne.

LOL we don't usually have leftover sweet potatoes, but I made extra since my step son, who can eat a 1/2 a chicken in one sitting with all the sides, was having dinner with us. I guess I made too many and have left overs! I like the sound of the sweet potatoes with fried eggs too--very similar to what we have done in the past with colcannon leftovers--with fried eggs and bacon.... yummmm! I think I know what I am going to do for breakfast!

I was thinking there is rarely any leftover sweet potato at my house, either! In fact, I thought it was just me and the husband tonight, but the kid is on the way home and there surely isn't enough sweet potato for 3! I often make extra sweet potatoes because I think it tastes great in the morning with some eggs or sausage. I just put it right into the frying pan to reheat!

Mmmm leftover sweet potato mash! I ate mine cold with breakfast the other morning. It was soooo good!

3 lg baked sweet potatoes

4tbsp of coconut milk

1 egg

Salt and nutmeg to taste

Mashed together, poured into a pie pan & baked in 400 degree oven for 30 mins

Inspired by this recipe...which is also yummy even though I have yet to try it with the exotic spice blend

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2011/11/17/velvety-butternut-squash/

I really like making "pancakes" out of leftover sweet potato mash. Add a little coconut flower and an egg and then fry in the pan like pancakes! Portable and easy side to take for lunch or post workout snack.

I do this too, and it's SO good! I just form mine into patties by themselves tho and sprinkle with sea salt and cinnamon, then fry in coconut oil!

Archived