When to start reintro?

MeghanE

I have been training for a 10 mile race that takes place May 5th. Tomorrow is my day 30... I am wondering when I should start my reintro if my race is coming up in 2 weeks. I don't want to be in the middle of something and have it effect my run (i.e. have to stop to poop!).

Would it be wise to just continue my whole 30 until after the race? Or if I reintroduce a food group do it more than 3 days before the 5th?

Let's just say that by no means have I set out to win this race, it is only about completing it and beating my time from last year... But I do want to wake up that morning feeling great.

Anyone have a similar dilemma?

I think you have enough time to do your reintro. If you have any bad reactions in the stomach arena, I'd make sure that I had a clean 7 days before the race. That should be enough to get you back on track. A day of gluten won't destroy you for a race 2 weeks out

Nope, no real stomach issues, just the normal bloated gross feeling if I eat too many processed carbs... So I think I should be fine. I was just wondering how long I should give my body to get rid of something if it doesn't agree with me.

Thanks!!

Archived