Ahem ... very loose stool day 9

Hi, I'm on day 9 of Whole 30 and doing GREAT. Today I have had several BM's and they're very loose, too loose.

I eat scrambled egg, meat veggie hash in the morning. Black coffee. Water.

Leftovers from previous night (usually meat, vegetable and fat today I had salmon cakes, one egg and 1/2 avocado)

Tonight we will have spaghetti squash and meatballs.

I started taking 1/2 tsp Natural Calm a few days ago. I've taken it before and don't recall it doing this to me. I'll back off of it tonight.

Does too much fat cause loose stool? I'm not eating a whole lot of nuts. I am eating 1/2 an avocado a day though and cooking everything in coconut oil.

Please help! Thanks.

• Moderators

I get loose stools occasionally and have never figured out the pattern. I just take whatever anti-diarrhea medicine is in my cabinet and am usually better in a few hours. Sometimes I forget to take anything for 2 or 3 days and then I remember that I never seem to get better without some "help" and take something.

I respond in a similar way to salmon and animal fats, as does my husband. We both love salmon and want those bones, so it is a bummer. I don't have a gallbladder; he does. We suspect he may have had a few gallbladder attacks preW30. We cut back on animal fats and have felt better.

Maybe Tom's suggestion will work, but you may want to watch for a pattern.

Archived