Day 1 - I'm starving!

It's Day 1 and it went great. My meals were right and I feel like I've eaten so much more than I would on a normal day. So why am I so hungry? Is this normal to feel like this at first?

Here is what I ate today -

Breakfast 3 egg omelet with zucchini, mushrooms and spinach, small amount of berries and greens (kale & spinach on the side)

Lunch - chicken salad made with homemade mayo wrapped in romaine (I had at least 3 leaves filled with chicken salad), guacamole and carrots

Snacked on some cashews and olives

Dinner - baked salmon, huge salad with kale, spinach, red pepper, tomato, cucumber, avacado, olives with homemade dressing

I had lots of water too!

What's up with the hunger? :)

Breakfast 3 egg omelet with zucchini, mushrooms and spinach, small amount of berries and greens (kale & spinach on the side)

Personally, I'd add some fat to your M1. I find I am much, much hungrier throughout the day if I skimp on my healthy fats in the AM. Avocado, and coconut milk are my 2 personal favorite ways to get there first thing :)

• Moderators

If you are hungry, add another meal. I ate 4, 5, and even 6 times per day when I did my first Whole30. Back then, there was less emphasis on 3 times per day and I just ate whenever I was hungry. Nowadays, I stay full on 3 meals per day. Hormonally, it is best to eat 3 times per day most of the time, but it may take you awhile to get there.

Your meals do look good, but I find that chicken and salmon do not keep me as full as beef or lamb. Consequently, I try to eat red meat at least once per day.

I'm with Mellie on the additional fat. Maybe next time have the olives with your breakfast, instead of as a snack? (It feels more "right" when I do this.) And the nuts on/in your salad.

Also if you're used to snacking a lot, it'll take awhile for your body to realize it's not hungry.

Archived