Acne?? Almost 2 weeks in & i'm still breaking out

i am almost on day 14 and i still have been having acne breakouts all over my face especially on my forehead and near my mouth. I am concerned that it is probably due to me eating multiple servings of nuts (roasted salt & pepper pistachio nuts & raw almonds) and especially fruit (watermelon to be specific)

Should i reduce or completely eliminate fruits and nuts for at least a week and see how it turns out or just limit to one serving a day?

I know it is still early in the program but when i used to eat paleo my acne would disappear after a couple of days.

Also, alot of people say that dairy and wheat is their main culprit but i have completely eliminated that out of my eating so i am not quite sure what is causing it.

Any tips for any acne sufferers?

I would completely eliminate nuts. I would leave the fruit in. The breakouts could be caused by a couple of things, the nuts are definitely a possibility, but it could also be your hormones freaking out from the dietary change and going into overdrive. There are some supplements that you can try to add in, but I'd do some more experimenting and finish the 30 days before you go there

I'm on day 14 and am having the same problem. I've read it could be caused by sensitivity to eggs, butter, nuts and nightshades (boo!), but I'm going to ride it out til day 30 and see if it's just a temporary detox thing.

If I'm still having breakouts after day 30, might have to go even stricter and give up all dairy, nuts and eggs. That would be a sad day....

I was having this problem last week (right around day 14 or so)--I was breaking out like crazy, worse than usual, and I also assumed it was nuts. I told myself that after the normal Whole30 I was going to get rid of them and see if that helped. Luckily for me, this week has been much better even without giving up the nuts--no crazy outbreaks since I initially complained about it (I'm now on day 19), and the old stuff is fading. I agree with the others, just ride it out for the duration of this initial experiment and see what happens... after that, you'll probably feel more comfortable with restricting your diet if that's something you still think is necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Took me over 3 weeks (around day 27 or so) before my acne cleared...andI have very inflammed (from systemic inflammation perhaps?...), cystic acne and oily skin. I read that it takes at least 25 to 40 days for skin to fully regenerate itself.

• 5 years later...

Hi, Im at day 17 and the acne around my chin and jaw has really flared up! im weary of nuts so dont eat much of them, basically dont eat fruit the sweetest thing i eat everyday is a sweet potato. dont really do night shades and feel like beef and pork is out but am wondering if im still in the detox worse before better phase or if my skin hates all fats and meat ive been eating. I used to only eat meat twice a month now everyday and lots of eggs. my jaw and chin and neck are so full of bumps and red spots im feeling really discouraged. i had bad acne going into this and was hoping the  cutting out of  grains would bring an improvement. ive had the same acne spots come and go for 7 years now it feels like they are permenant. anyone else relate? or have advice?

Archived