What is your most WTF compliant meal You have created following the meal template ?

Bethann67

I had a very long and trying day at work, ( on top of my son being sick with strep and grass pollen kickin our askes) and came home to a clean kitchen ( first time in 24 days) and COULD NOT undue my hard work... so I am betting i made the most bizarre meal 3 ever assembled in the HISTORY of whole 30 and I'm curious (and hopeful I'm wrong) what other monstrosities have been created in the name of compliance (and enjoying a clean kitchen for a minute.

Day 24 meal 3

2 1/2 deviled eggs ( yolks and seasons mixed in container of homemade mayo )

ATOP a huge pile of shredded cabbage and carrots ( dressed with balsamic vinegar reduction,) and a couple handfuls of roasted sweet potatoes left over from day 23 meal 3 ...on a paper plate.

Anyone else feel like confessing their less then inspired meal?

Actually that meal sounds totally inspired and absolutely delicious to me :wub: What is this thing you call a clean kitchen? ;) Mine is small, cluttered and never quite in the state I dream of it being. Every time it approaches it my 24 year old son. who cooks his own meals, leaves it looking like the aftermath of a tornado. :)

The balsamic vinegar dressed "coleslaw"was quite good, I've been doing so many roasted or sauteed veggies the last few weeks that the cool crunchy cabbage and carrots was a was a nice change, and curry flavored eggs have been a favorite since i was little! So dinner hit the spot...but was far from pretty!

fyi my kitchen has been clean once in April, but I have cooked from scratch more in the last 24 days then I did in all of 2012 (SAD)

IMO cleaning the kitchen is by far the HARDEST Part of w30! and relieved that am not the only one struggling to slay the dirty dish dragon (?he craving for a clean kitchen is fierce!)

Kirsteen-how do you pronounce your name? My sister's name is Kirsten (unusual and rarely pronounced correctly)

I've choked down canned squash and sardines at my office before. Not my finest culinary moment, but it go the job done.

The other day I made my husband a tuna salad with mashed avocado and canned sliced black olives (his idea). The pink/green/black was the worst color combination imaginable.

Bethann :) Since mainly I batch cook veg and cook and freeze meat, chicken etc in individual portions and then just throw everything I want together in the skillet with either extra coconut oil, avocado or bone broth, I don't think I've had many *pretty* meals since i started W30 - I've had some freakin tasty ones though :wub:

Kirsteen is pronounced pretty much as is. Kir as in fir, teen as in teenager, with an s in the middle, accent on either syllable. The second is more correct but the first is more common, just don't shorten it to Kirsty :P

I think the thing I've gotten better at doing since my W30 is using things up like the day before they go bad. I have a bunch of soft carrots, a half-moldy onion, and a few small stalks of yellow (young from the center of the bunch) celery? I'll make soup/stew with the stock I should've frozen after making it except I was a few days prior to shoulder surgery when I made it (read: getting stock into a freezable container with one hand = ain't going to happen).

3 (unmixed) eggs + some frozen veggies and nuts. With salt on top. In a bowl. In the microwave. The eggs "jumped" and broke the plate covering the bowl (STILL trying to figure out how that's physically possible).

It was, um, interesting. Still better than the time I used coconut butter instead of oil. Or the time I forgot to defrost the catfish before cooking it.

I think yesterdays breakfast was probably my most Whisky Tango Foxtrot meal ;) The shopping hadn't been delivered, I had totally run out of prepared veg :( and I needed a really quick breakfast so I threw a portion of cooked pork mince in the skillet with a sliced banana and a whole packet of fresh spinach. It was actually quite pleasant if a little unusual and more fruit than I normally have in the morning :huh:

Tuesday night I ended up scrambling together dinner from a nearly empty fridge - ended up with some broccoli that was starting to get a little limp, cauliflower, onion and garlic, all whizzed up in the food processor and then cooked in some coconut oil. Then when it was nearly done I chucked in a tin of sardines in oil - just long enough to warm it through. It actually tasted pretty good - I would NEVER EVER serve it to someone else though!

Taco Egg Salad, a result of my boyfriend having a moment of inspired culinary genius. Browned ground beef with taco-type seasons. Mix with homemade mayo and a couple of hardboiled eggs, add more taco seasoning as needed. Eat on salads, in a lettuce wrap, out of the bowl with a spoon. Looks like dog food, tastes like heaven.

ETA: I have no idea if this follows the template but I can say it's saved us when we're in a crunch or need something to get us through a few meals.

post-14185-13692925837354_thumb.jpg

Refrigerator Throw-down midnight snack: roasted spaghetti squash (5 days old), 1/4 avocado, horeseradish leek kraut, pulled pork, coconut fish broth, dried orange peel, coarse Celtic salt, fresh parsely

post-14185-13692925837354_thumb.jpg

Refrigerator Throw-down midnight snack: roasted spaghetti squash (5 days old), 1/4 avocado, horeseradish leek kraut, pulled pork, coconut fish broth, dried orange peel, coarse Celtic salt, fresh parsely

You crack me up. That sounds absolutely horrid. :0)

Archived