New to whole30!

Kaylaybanez

I'm doing a reset now, but once I'm done I want to commit to doing this with my husband! I just had a few questions...

There's so much material out there! What should I commit to read before? Iswf and the guide ebook? Which is more important? Should I definitely read both?

I'm worried about more than anything about missing grains...I don't eat meat too much for starters...especially after watching food inc...but I want to look into buying more locally or at least organic to be able to get meat from better sources....

Advice for me in regards to not really eating meat and missing grains? I've been lurking for days...thanks so much guys!

• Moderators

It Starts With Food covers everything very well and is likely to be all you need.

Once you recognize the incredible variety of foods you can have and the great meals you can make, leaving grains behind should be relatively easy.

You will miss grains and you will likely experience withdrawal symptoms that will be uncomfortable, but it's ok, you'll get through it and feel all the better on the other end of the journey and then you won't miss them!

Definitely read the book, it is filled with great info about why certain food groups are not the all powerful health promoting miracles they've been reported to be. I hear you on the meat thing, I actually spent an unsuccessful year or so as a vegetarian, I was really reluctant to return to eating meat. However, I had to be honest with myself and realize how much better I felt consuming animal protein. I still have some conflict to be honest, but I feel night and day healthier, happier and stronger. I know there are billions of happy, healthy vegetarians, I just wasn't one of them. If you have farmers markets in your area that's a great place to source good quality meats without needing a second job to pay for groceries.

Archived