Day 5 - empty hungry?

graciousr

Hi everyone!

So I'm just finishing up day 5 of my first Whole30. I'm enjoying the great foods we've been cooking but I've found I still have a kind of 'empty hungry' after eating a decent sized meal. Where I feel like I'd like to eat something else but I don't really know what. It's a very distracting, and irritating feeling!

I can't figure out if it's my body trying to convince me that I need to have a piece of bread (which I've resisted!), or if I need to revisit how much I'm eating at each meal and bump up the fats a bit.

Almost finished the whole first week.. just have to keep experimenting and seeing how I go :)

I can relate to that empty feeling too - especially after dinner (I am starting Day 5). I have been trying the approach of "have a cup of tea, and if you're still hungry, eat something". I have found the tea to be relaxing and takes away my desire to nibble on snacks.

I guess this is where the steamed fish and broccoli anaology works great. When you're feeling hungry after a meal if someone were to offer you absolutely plain steamed fish and broccoli, would you eat it. If the answer's yes, then you are hungry so as you said bump up your meals. If the answer's no, then you're not really hungry, you're just craving something, probably out of habit, so having tea or using some other distraction technique is your best bet. It will definitely get easier as it goes on. good luck

I am having lots of trouble eating so your post really interest me.

I find I can eat maybe half of a 6 oz piece of meat with the veggies

and Im if not stuffed certainly satiated (is that the right word)

So your hunger issues although I am sure are no fun

sound kind of good to me.

I am sure all of this is caused my the toxins tha are releasing and everyone

has a different reaction to it.

tomorrow is day 5 ..more will be revealed..

Thanks guys!

I'm on day 11 now and today was the first day that I wasn't thinking about that empty hunger. I even only picked at lunch but didn't want to eat the whole bowl (but I ate as much as I could).

I still can't walk past a colleague's piece of toast without wanting a bite, or looking at a white coffee with some wistfulness.. but it's getting better.

Empty hungry and carb craving aside, I'm not feeling anything particularly intensely. Maybe I'm more ready to go to bed at night, and maybe I wake up easier? But, I'm so close to be halfway, I'm going to keep going and see what happens!

Archived