Dizziness while falling asleep

Beets

Last night I went to bed a little later than usual (11 instead of 10:30) and when I closed my eyes I felt like the room was spinning, like I was drunk. It was pretty intense. I had such a hard time falling asleep. I drank more water and eventually fell asleep but it was bizarre.

I did not eat anything off plan yesterday, I totally forgot to eat lunch and ate something around 4:30 and then for dinner I wasn't too hungry, of course, so I just ate my fish and only a small bowl of my salad with avocado.

M1: big salad with vinaigrette (EVOO, balsamic, Dijon, garlic--all clean ingreds I eat all the time), pork sausage patties (from farmers' market, no sugar or preservatives; been eating for weeks) cooked in CO

M2: TB coconut butter, scrambled egg and some sausage patties cooked in coconut oil and some leftover lamb fat, some raw veggies I was cutting for dinner (obviously not enough veg but it was late and I was staaahvin' at that point and just wanted something quick), few frozen raspberries

M3: mahi mahi baked with veg (broc, bell peppers, cabbage), aminos, coconut oil, bit of sesame oil for flavor, ginger, and small bowl salad w avocado

Maybe not enough starchy veg? I'm going to eat some more starchy veg and fat today but any other ideas? I'm also not great about drinking enough water.

I doubt that is the issue. I think we get enough carbs from vegetables. I wouldn't worry about it unless it continues. I only have that type of issue when dehydrated or when getting a cold/allergy attack. Is the weather by any chance changing? Pressure changes can affect dizziness, too. I also get that feeling when I've been on a boat all day - I lay down and feel like I'm still moving - but I'm guessing that's not the case for you. LOL

How is your blood pressure? Low blood pressure can cause dizziness when laying down--my husband has low blood sugar and can sometimes have dizziness. And I had frequent night time dizziness when I was pregnant the last time. I would suggest if it carries on or you are concerned, talk to your dr.

Hmm. My blood pressure is indeed normally low. Which I always thought was an indicator of my good health (I was a runner for a long time till knee injuries put me out of that game) until I recently started reading low BP can be a symptom of … I'm blanking. Adrenal fatigue?

My eating was really off schedule yesterday--lunch and dinner were both very late. May e low blood pressure/sugar is right.

I haven't been for a primary care check up in an embarrassing length of time--with exception of maternity visits. But I'm trying to find a reputable naturopath.

Archived