So tired of cooking/hating the weekends

nutmegh

Cooking all our meals is the price we pay for eating off the grid. 

Your whole post is awesome, but this, right here, this is brilliant!  Total oh em gee moment for me right there.  Thank you!

How do you keep the meat/poultry from drying out after re-heating. I've steered away from cooking ahead for that reason. Don't like dry meat.

I overcome this by making curries/casseroles/bolognese sauce/chilli con carne etc that only require reheating - no dry meat! Any meat I do cook just as is, is served cold in salads - chicken breast pieces is our regular - or stirred through with ratatouille type sauce, or chopped in an omelette.

I've been cooking in bulk on weekends. Sometimes it's a pain. Like this past weekend when I made a special trip to Whole Foods to get ground pork for my breakfast patties and when I oopened it the next day, it was bad. Not happy. I went to a more local supermarket, but could only get some compliant chicken sausage that are horrible and too peppery for me. But I'll make do.

I use frozen veggies a lot. For instance, I will buy a large bag of chopped spinach or broccoli rabe and defrost it and keep it in the fridge. Then I add a scoop to my plate (with the gross chicken sausage) and heat up for breakfast. This weekend I also cut up a large sweet potato into 2 inch portions and baked them in a bit of coconut oil. Then I can use one each day and warm it up as a side for breakfast or lunch.

Archived