pineapple as an anti-inflammatory

Pineapple contains a proteolytic enzyme, bromelain, which breaks down protein.

That is why you can never use fresh pineapple in a jello salad. :D It will never gel! The things I learned in Biology 101 are useful today!

Pineapples are among the top 10 ant-inflammatory foods. However, juicing one is going to give your body such a sugar rush that I reckon the bad would outweigh the good if you see what I mean. There's no reason you can't add a reasonable amount of pineapple to a meal occasionally as you say. Other top 10 anti- inflammatories are ginger, turmeric, spinach and sweet potato - the goodness without the sugar rush :)

Personally I feel that on a W30, we're already cutting out all the inflammatory foods so that alone gives us a way head start over the SAD diet. I would just stick to the foodlists and template and not get too hung up on specific properties of specific foods ;)

I recently came across this recipe; I have yet to try it, but I did buy the pineapple!

http://food52.com/recipes/21736-maricel-e-presilla-s-cuban-avocado-watercress-and-pineapple-salad

Obviously, you are going to want to skip the step where you put sugar on the pineapple :D .

I planned to make it as a meal, adding some grilled chicken breast to it. Enjoy!

I take a bromelain/quercetin supplement daily. It's the only supplement I've had that actually seems to do something noticeable. The bromelain breaks down fibrin, and contributes to happy clear sinuses. I can feel it working within an hour or so after I take it.

I'd also imagine you could make a decent salad dressing with maybe light olive oil and some fresh pineapple juice. Good way to get some of the juice, but keeping it a low amount and still eating it with whole food.

Archived