Difference in "Arriving"

RamenGirl

I know this is a family-friendly forum, but I really want to know if anyone else has noticed any difference in "arriving" after doing the Whole30. I still have libido, but my "arrivals" just aren't as strong as they used to be, which makes me sad.

My periods are also different now than before the Whole30, so I know there are hormone things going on.

I finished the Whole30 at the end of last month and tried to add rice back into my diet. My "arrivals" went back to normal. Then I decided to eat Whole30 again, and they've decreased again.

Thanks for any input!

• Moderators

I don't share your experience, but my input is keep eating rice! :)

Or maybe it's a starchy carb thing. While doing a Whole30 do you eat plenty of winter squash, beets, parsnips, sweet potatoes, etc.? If not, maybe you should and then see how it goes.

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I eat sweet potatoes nearly every day, and also eat beets and squash, etc. I've had a long history of digestive issues which practically went away about 3 weeks into the Whole30. When I added back rice, my tummy got upset again. Maybe I should try just eating it once a week or so? I have to find some kind of balance because I'm also trying to stop losing weight. I was hoping that I'd be able to eat rice, but it looks like I can't. Bummer since I'm Japanese. :( I think I'm fine with rice every once in awhile, but not several times a week. And gluten definitely messes me up. All those years, I thought it was being with my ex-husband that was messing me up, but it could've just been the pasta! ;)

This arrival thing is definitely frustrating and not a good side effect, but I guess it's an okay trade-off for a happy gut.

All those years, I thought it was being with my ex-husband that was messing me up, but it could've just been the pasta! ;)

I'd still blame the ex! :D

While I am not sure about "arriving" since my libido has been low for the last 10 years, I have experienced big changes in my period. It was about 21-23 days late and I have been on time for the last 5 years! When it came, it was normal but then ended after 4 days which is weird because mine would always linger around for at least 4 more days. I'm not arguing about having a shorter period but it is puzzling.

Jinkse21, my period's still out of whack, but I'm not sure how much of that is due to the Whole30/food changes I've made post and how much is because I got off of BC (Yaz) a few days before my Whole 30. It's been almost 3 months and I haven't had a real period...all my research thus far says that for people on Yaz/Yasmin it could take 6-12 months before getting a normal (aka not brown strings) period after stopping.

Too bad I didn't look that up before...

The only changes I made were in my eating and drinking with W30. I have not been on BC for 5 years so no adjustment period there (no pun intended! :P ). For those 5 years, I have been spot on (okay, pun intended there! :lol: ) so it was very odd being late and I knew there was not chance of me being preggers.

Jinkse, I spotted for about 4 days after the usual length of my period during the Whole30. The next month, while not staying strict Whole30 but not eating pasta, etc., my period came early, which it rarely does.

Hmm... I think I need to experiment with the rice. At least the experimenting will be fun. :)

Archived