My Whole 145

countrygirl

Today was the final straw for me....

I screwed up my whole 30 for the 3rd time, this time on Day 12. I am doing this to overcome compulsive eating, my extreme sugar addiction, PCOS, and I also want to increase my energy and look hot for my wedding in 145 days! I need to stop putting this off and stop starting over. No more messing around for me. I know 145 days might be a little bit much for some people, but I really enjoy my whole 30 approved foods and do not get any joy out of the sugary foods-no-breaks I am compelled to eat by my emotions and my cravings (followed by guilt and low energy.) I am committing to staying 100% compliant for the next 145 days. I will be logging my daily meals as much as possible. I am open to any advice you can give me! I am determined and ready to kick the sugar dragon's a$$ for good!

Day 0:

Before I get started, I would like to get some feedback on the meal plan I was following on my previous attempts at whole30.

Here is an example of an intense training day:

6:30am- pre-workout meal: 2 hard-boiled eggs

7:00-8:00am- workout: 15 minute stationary bike warm-up, 40 minutes of resistance training consisting of upper-body exercises with bands and body weight with 20 seconds of jumping rope between each set (16 sets total), 5 minute cool-down on stationary bike.

8:15am-post-workout meal: ground turkey(palm size), medium sweet potato

9:15am- 3 eggs, spinach, 1/2 avocado

2:00pm- raw snap peas, bell pepper strips, cucumbers, palm-size chicken breast, two handfuls of black olives

7:00pm- 10-minute chili(recipe from -ISWF), 1/2 avocado

On non-training days, I would omit the pre- and post-workout meals. I lift weights/resistance train 4-5 days a week, high-intensity intervals 2-3 times per week, and do 45 minutes of low-intensity cardio 2-3 days per week. I have an active job(personal trainer). Does this plan sound reasonable?

When I eat like this, I feel satisfied and my energy is good, but I feel uncomfortably stuffed a lot of the day, especially the early part of the day with the pre-,post-workout, and breakfast meals all so close together. I am trying to follow the guidlines from ISWF, whcih recommend a snack 15-60 min before working out, a meal 15-30 minutes after including lean protein and carbs, and a regular meal 60-90 minutes after that.

I just want to wish you a great start to your Whole145. I am on day 15 of my Whole30 but have not been completely compliant. I think I am going to add the remaining days to the end. Planning on being completely compliant from here on in for the next 30 days :) Oh and congrats on the wedding!

I can't really figure out how to fit in my pre & post-workout meals and breakfast without it being nearly lunch time either which then translates into having dinner at 7:30/8:00.

Maybe try cutting back on your breakfast a bit if you're feeling uncomfortably full?

• Moderators

Your food sounds good. If you are uncomfortably full, you could cut back on your pre-workout snack and make it one boiled egg and not two. And you might drop your breakfast from 3 eggs to 2 on workout days when you are getting the pre-workout snack and the post-workout meal early in the day.

I support your committing to clean, Whole30 eating as a way of interrupting cycles of compulsive eating, sugar addiction, etc., but I do not recommend committing to a formal Whole30 for longer than 30 days. You might go for months without eating anything off plan, but when life presents you with a good reason to eat something off plan, I think it is best to eat that food and then get right back into full compliance with the plan without delay. Now when it comes to "good reasons," I'm not talking about Halloween candy, cookies you make for a charity bake sale, or a bag of tortilla chips. I mean champagne at your own wedding, a fish taco when you are at the beach in Mexico, or whatever the best food you can find is when you are stuck in an airport because your flight was delayed.

Thanks for the support everyone, and Tom, I really appreciate your input! I'm thinking ahead to the next 145 days, and I have no plans of any special trips, occasions, or any good reason to go off plan. I am planning to make my wedding the first day off plan. No chapaigne because I don't drink, but I am planning on enjoying bbq tri-tip, homemade pie, and ice cream :)

Archived