Lyn's Whole 30 Log - Starting July 1!

Lyn1

Day 1, Meal 1:

Okay, I'm not going to post about every meal on here but I thought it was important (for me) to post the first one to get off to a good start. I weighed and measured myself this morning and then put the scales and tape AWAY. It'll be good to break my habit of weighing myself obsessively.

Starting stats: 170 pounds; 34" waist; 41" hips; 40" chest. (Will take these again in 30 days to see progress.)

Meal 1 was a fruit omlet with bananas, pumpkin pie spice, pecans, 2 eggs, and coconut milk on top of a bed of raw spinach. And green tea. I found that HOW I ate required more effort than WHAT I ate. I was about to go eat in front of the computer, but then had to remind myself to sit down at the table. Also, at one point I noticed I had picked my plate up to my mouth and was shoveling food in! I had to say to myself, "Put the food down! It is not going anywhere. Slow down and enjoy it."

I guess I'll continue here.

Day 1

What I Ate:

B: Bananas, pumpkin pie spice, 2 eggs, and coconut milk cooked in ghee; green tea

L: Sardine salad (with palm hearts, arugula, olives, tomato, avocado, and vinagrette)

Snack: (I wasn't going to have a snack but I was HUNGRY)

Applesauce mixed with almond butter and coconut milk, handful of cherries

D: Roasted chicken and vegetables (zucchini, eggplant, sweet potatoes, onions, carrots)

How I Felt:

Sinus issues! I don't think it's related to the diet since I had sinus problems for days now. Bleh. I hope it gets better. My stomach felt queasy in the early afternoon so I had a chamomile tea and it felt much better. Other than that, I felt fine today.

Day 2: Migraine! Ugh! Anytime I start a new diet, I always get a migraine. ...which is ironic because I always do it to try and get rid of the migraines! I don't know if it's detox symptoms, die-off, or my subconscious going "nooooo!" or what. Anyone else have this?

Day 3: My cousin and her 4 children stopped by today and I threw together a frittata. It was perfect! Easy and tasty and it made a lot. I served it with butternut squash "fries" and fruit salad. I don't think they even noticed the lack of carbs! It's nice to know that even when company shows up, you can still stay on the Whole 30.

I guess I'll keep posting even though I'm pretty sure I'm the only one looking at this. Oh well, it's mainly for us anyway, right?

Day 4:

What I ate:

B - Leftover frittata, butternut "fries", grapes, Oolong tea

L - turkey breast cutlets, dipped in ground hazelnuts and pan fried in coconut oil; orange/fig/kale salad w/vinaigrette

S - Leftover-palooza! (frittata, roast chicken and veg, stuffed tomato); blueberries and strawberries with coconut cream. (b/c it's red, white, and blue!)

How I felt: Sleepy, but we're having sleep issues due to a jetlagged 1-year-old. We went to Greece 2 weeks ago and we have not gotten back on a decent sleep schedule since. I'm not sure how much is that and how much is diet at the moment. (Today, my little one woke up at 3am.) Also, today the post-nasal drip started which I guess is good because I was congested and headachy for the previous 3 days.

Day 5: Discovered coconut manna!

What I Ate:

B - Banana, 2 eggs, coconut milk, cinnamon and nutmeg, fried in ghee; on top of a bed of spinach.

sn - spoonful of coconut manna

L - (ate late...around 3 pm) - deconstructed burger on a bed of spinach and arugula; banana fried in ghee topped with coconut manna; cherries with more coconut manna.

S - wasn't really hungry so I had a cup of homemade broccoli soup.

How I Felt:

More full today than usual. I did not feel like snacking all day like I usually do. (Well, except the coconut manna. I've put it away now.) Still tired though.

watch out for that coconut - LOL - that stuff is dangerously delicious! really makes you full too - my coconut butter has sugar in it, so I'm leaving it for now....but I get the same effect from stirring a spoonful of coconut oil into my spiced tea!

Almost thru your first week - congratulations!!

Day 6

What I Ate:

B - 2 eggs fried in ghee, broccoli soup, cherries, oolong tea

L - chicken salad in bibb lettuce wraps

S - leftover deconstructed burgers, watermelon and grapes with coconut manna, oolong tea

How I Felt:

Headachy (sinus) and tired all day. When is the energy going to kick in? Surely this can't still be the carb flu.

Day 7 (Hooray! 1 week down!)

What I Ate:

B - chicken thigh, Paleo BBQ sauce, roasted eggplant, sauerkraut, grapes, jasmine tea

L - chicken leg and wing, tomato/cucumber salad with pesto, figs, peach, blueberries, coconut manna

S - ribeye steak (with mocha rub), tomato/cuke salad, peach salsa, another peach, blueberries, and coconut manna

How I Felt:

Good, although a bit bloaty. I'm overdid it on the fruit today. (I went to the farmer's market and the fruit was just too delicious.) I will limit it to 2 servings per day from now on. ....and I may end up cutting it out altogether for a few days. (Which makes me sad b/c I love it....but I think I'm probably feeding a sugar demon.)

Day 8

What I Ate:

B - 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, tomato and peach salsa (Got a bunch of yummy tomatoes and peaches at the farmer's market and had to do something with them.), half-caf coffee with coconut milk

L - Steak and turkey lettuce wraps with salsa and chipotle sauce, raw spinach

Sn - (wasn't gonna but felt like I had to have it) small apple with almond butter, Teavana night night tea

S - Thai fish curry with cod, broccoli, onions, napa cabbage, peppers, and green beans

How I Felt:

I'm STILL tired! Had a long nap this afternoon and still feel tired. Why is it that no matter how long I sleep, I still feel tired? (To be fair, it could have something to do with the fact that my 1-year-old has not let me have a decent night's sleep in over a month.)

Day 9:

What I Ate:

B - turkey slices wrapped in bibb lettuce, salsa, avocado slices, and a peach. Oolong tea.

L - Orange chicken (from ISWF), broccolini, tomato and cucumber salad, grapes and figs.

sn - apple with macadamia/cashew butter. Crio Bru! (It just came in today. Oh YUM!)

S - Leftover orange chicken, big salad with spinach, tomatoes, cucumber and salsa, more turkey slices.

How I Felt:

A little more energetic today. I went for a walk with the baby in stroller today. Still took an afternoon nap though. I wish I could sleep less and be more productive throughout the day! I also was totally craving that apple and nut butter this afternoon. Maybe I need to eat more b/c of nursing?

Taking a nap when you need one IS being productive, you are producing the energy you need to get through your day and take care of and nurse your baby! Don't be hard on yourself, a baby will appreciate a rested mom more than a scrubbed counter top :)

I think there are a few threads on W30 while nursing you could have a look at for nutitional info...

keep on nappin'

Day 10: First day without the need for a nap. Yay!

What I Ate:

B - 2 eggs fried in ghee (this is becoming my favorite breakfast food!), tomato/cuke salad, sweet potato with macadamia/cashew butter and coconut milk, Crio Bru with coconut milk.

L - Salmon salad (like tuna salad but with canned salmon), lettuce, peach

sn - banana fried in ghee (w/cinn, allspice, ginger, coriander, and nutmeg), coconut manna, chamomile tea

D - Italian ground beef skillet over greens

How I Felt:

More energy today but had tummy issues. I think the Crio Bru is not agreeing with me which makes me sad b/c it's so delicious. (It's the only thing that has changed.)

Day 11:

More tummy issues today. I felt sick to my stomach and didn't feel like eating for most of the day. I don't know why. Maybe I'll try getting rid of the nuts? I don't really eat many, but I've seen other people post on here that nuts might cause tummy issues.

What I Ate:

B - vegetable soup, boiled sweet potato, watermelon (Had to force myself to eat this. The thought of eggs or meat made me nauseous.)

L - Cauliflower soup (That's all I felt like eating. Gave up forcing.)

S - Cauliflower soup, leftover Italian meat skillet

How I Felt:

Nauseous and tired all day. I feel better now though. Maybe just a tummy virus that my body needed to deal with?

Day 12:

What I Ate:

B - 1 egg yolk and 3 whites fried in ghee (had the whites leftover from when I made mayo); cauliflower soup, green tea

sn - applesauce, almond butter, coconut milk, blueberries

L - turkey salad with guacomole and salsa

sn - apple and coconut manna

S - cedar plank salmon and roasted veggies

How I Felt:

MUCH better today. I snacked more than usual today b/c I was lousy at getting the meals ready on time and got hungry in between.

Day 13:

What I Ate:

B - 2 eggs fried in ghee, roasted veggies, green tea and coconut milk

L - roast chicken and veggies, applesauce with almond butter and coconut milk, blueberries

S (dinner party at my house!) - club sodawith watermelon, lemon, and mint

olives, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and guacamole

hazelnut pan-fried black drum

roast veggies

fig and orange salad

berries and whipped coconut milk with vanilla bean and cinnamon

Had a dinner party and I was so proud of myself for not having the watermelon mojitoes everyone else was drinking. The not-so-good thing was that when I was putting away the food, I scarfed down more cucumber slices, guacamole, olives, berries, and whipped coconut milk. They were all W30 compliant foods, but it was an old overeating pattern. Not sure how I can prevent it at the next social event. Maybe have my hubby put the food away? Or brush my teeth first before putting the food away?

How I Felt:

Great! No nap today. Had enough energy to shop, cook, and entertain (all while looking after a 1-year-old.) !

Day 14: Am I really half-way done? :-)

What I Ate:

B - roast beef slices, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, guacamole, green tea

L - pork carnitas (thanks, Jafagirl!), swiss chard wraps, guac., salsa, roasted veggies

S - more pork carnitas and veg, coconut butter and milk whipped together, berries

How I Felt:

Tired. Maybe due to yesterday's overconsumption of fruit? I am looking forward to the next 2 weeks where we're supposed to feel awesome and have all kinds of energy. Yay!

Day 15:

What I Ate:

B - sauteed spinach and mushrooms topped with 2 fried eggs, strawberries and whipped coconut milk, green tea w/ coconut milk

L - Greek restaurant meal! Combination chicken shwarma and gyro salad (no feta or dressing), lemon slices, olive oil, baba ganoush

sn - watermelon, macadamia/cashew butter, and coconut butter

S - leftover combo salad, guacamole, roasted veggies

How I Felt:

I'm starting to feel really good these days! Like I don't notice being tired and I just get on with doing things. I normally NEED a nap after our big Sunday lunch out, but not today! I played with my baby girl and then did some housework when she went to sleep. (I've been meaning to it do all week but have been napping when my baby naps.)

No, I never figured it out. It lasted for about 24 hours and I just ate what I felt like during that time. (Mostly veggies) I think maybe my body had had too much acid and needed the veggies to balance it out. I think meat and fruit are acidic so maybe I ate too much of those the previous day. Whatever it was, it worked itself out. Hope you feel better soon.

Day 16:

What I Ate:

B - 3 eggs and 2 bananas fried in ghee, lettuce, green tea

L - chicken salad, apples and coconut butter

S - chicken Marbella (thanks, Erin), carrots, arugula, guacamole, watermelon, coconut butter

How I Felt:

I'm starting to feel FANTASTIC!

Day 17:

What I Ate:

B - sweet potato hash browns (thanks, Johnny M); leftover pork carnitas, 4 figs

L - chicken salad, leftover chicken marbella, Swiss chard, sauerkraut, guacamole

Sn - apple with coconut butter, chard, kraut, and guacamole

S - pork "fried rice". (with cauliflower), watermelon, coconut butter

I am falling in love with coconut butter. Just as tasty as coconut manna, but cheaper. yay!

How I felt:

Tired today. Probably because I didn't sleep well though. I did go for a walk so I was happy about that. I haven't really been exercising.

Day 18:

What I Ate:

B - sweet potato hash browns, leftover pork fried "rice", 1 fried egg in coconut oil, green tea and coconut milk.

L - salmon and sardine salad, decaf coffee and coconut milk, apple and coconut butter

S - (meal out). Zea's crispy duck without sauce, steamed broccoli, braised cabbage, decaf coffee (black)

I'm really proud that I sat and drank black, decaf coffee while my husband had dessert. I didn't even have a bite! That being said, I don't think I'll go back to Zea's while I'm on the W30. The duck came on a bed of crispy fried noodles ( not mentioned in the menu. I just took them off my plate and didn't eat them.). Also the broccoli tasted like it had butter and the cabbage tasted like it had sugar. (the waiter told me they did not have these in them.). I did the best I could. I hope that's okay and I don't have to start all over because of stealth ingredients. :-(

Archived