Are purple potatoes whole30 approved?

Joanna

Well, there are also purple fleshed sweet potatoes, are there not? I would assume those would be okay.

But purple skinned white potatoes for sure not.

The purple (Japanese) sweet potatoes better be ok! I love those things :)

• 8 months later...

Not to beat this topic to a pulp... but the link below shows a picture of the purple sweet potato I can find at my local farmer's market. Although the name says Sweet Potatoe, they look pretty similar to  the purple potato image that Renee posted. OK to eat on my W30?

http://www.stokesfoods.com/product.htm

I survived my first W30 and am loving my second thanks to these guys! 

• 1 year later...

Renee, what's the different between white skin/purple inside potato and purple skin/purple potato? I had both before and it taste the same to me! I've been having white potato and sweet potato (orange inside), I wanted to try purple this week so I bought both white skin/purple inside and purple skin/purple inside potato. So I can only have the white skin/purple inside one now?

Renee, what's the different between white skin/purple inside potato and purple skin/purple potato? I had both before and it taste the same to me! I've been having white potato and sweet potato (orange inside), I wanted to try purple this week so I bought both white skin/purple inside and purple skin/purple inside potato. So I can only have the white skin/purple inside one?

You can have any potatoes now. The Whole30 rules on potatoes changed in July 2014.

You can have any potatoes now. The Whole30 rules on potatoes changed in July 2014.

Whew! Thanks for clearing that up.  I just finished reading the w30 and thought I misread potato allowance.   

Archived