Where to get Coconut Aminos?

TXN11

Looked at all the standard grocery stores plus Whole Foods, and none of them have Coconut Aminos.

I even asked the staff for help in finding a similar sauce as soy sauce, but told them that I was cooking for a dinner party and my friend was allergic to soy, so I cannot use soy at all.

They looked and looked and looked, started shaking their heads, and finally threw up their hands and said "I don't think we have anything that doesn't contain soy."

So where do y'all get coconut aminos? I really feel for people who have actual soy allergies :/

Hi there! My local Whole Foods used to carry Coconut Aminos, but they've been out for a few weeks now. When I asked they said that their supplier was out and they didn't know when they would be getting more in. :( Hope they get it back soon! Have you tried ordering it online? I should probably try that as well. Good luck!

I found a bottle at Rainbow Foods (A local organic/health food store). Had to specifically as, as I didn't find it on my own, but sure enough it was right in the middle of the soy sauce section hidden in plain sight. I think it was $8-$9 for the bottle, which was cheaper than amazon I believe.

If I had to guess I'd say there's been a global run on my favorite brand of Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos and I blame all of you. Until recently I've had a dependable source at a local, high-endish store who keeps it in the "hippie food" aisle that almost no one frequents but me between the unsweetened ketchup and the Bragg's Aminos, so when it's out of stock it creates this very conspicuous bottle-width x 2-foot long hole on the shelf and it's been that way for weeks. Next I'll have to camp out at the store like buying U2 tickets or the next iPhone release (not that I do that). Or buy some CA knock-off from paleo scalpers in the parking lot for $40.00/bottle. It's come to that.

If I knew how to get an "amino" out of a coconut I'd try it but honestly, I wouldn't even know which part of the coconut to use.

If I had to guess I'd say there's been a global run on my favorite brand of Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos and I blame all of you. Until recently I've had a dependable source at a local, high-endish store who keeps it in the "hippie food" aisle that almost no one frequents but me between the unsweetened ketchup and the Bragg's Aminos, so when it's out of stock it creates this very conspicuous bottle-width x 2-foot long hole on the shelf and it's been that way for weeks. Next I'll have to camp out at the store like buying U2 tickets or the next iPhone release (not that I do that). Or buy some CA knock-off from paleo scalpers in the parking lot for $40.00/bottle. It's come to that.

If I knew how to get an "amino" out of a coconut I'd try it but honestly, I wouldn't even know which part of the coconut to use.

Lalalala it's sap from the tree. And my stores are suspiciously low on them too. I buy several bottles at a time when it's in stock and then feel like a big jerk afterwards.

Interesting... out of stock everywhere, it seems. W30 hoarders, anyone?

Guilty. I bought 3 bottles and when I use 1.5, I buy 2 more. My New Seasons grocery store said their sales on it have tripled. Now...that's not ALL me. :0)

Guilty. I bought 3 bottles and when I use 1.5, I buy 2 more. My New Seasons grocery store said their sales on it have tripled. Now...that's not ALL me. :0)

Ship a bottle or two to my address, and I'll forgive :P jk

• 1 month later...

Archived