First forum post: Not seeing or feeling results

Good morning!

I'm on day 9 of the Whole 30 and am a little frustrated...I thought by now I'd be feeling at least a little lighter when I wake up in the morning and a little healthier overall, but I don't think I've seen the results that so many of you in this forum have seen.

Is this something that might just take longer for some that others?

I was eating pretty strict before beginning my Whole 30 (very few grains, legumes or dairy). The biggest hurdle for me has been eliminating sugar and alcohol. That being said, I haven't strayed from the program yet, but keep searching for the reward from the hard work and willpower I've put in thus far...

Any advice?

• Moderators

Hang in there. It is a 30 day program. Many people don't have results at day 9.

If you are not feeling some magic by day 21, check back, but include a report of what you are actually eating. Sometimes people need to change what they are eating because all technically compliant foods are not created equal.

I'm right there with you. My biggest hurdle was also sugar and alcohol because I really enjoying going out or having wine and I drank a lot of soda before I started the Whole30. I've been following the meal plans but haven't seen any crazy miracle results yet that I read about in the testimonials. It can be discouraging but just remember you are putting good things in your body and good things will be produced because of that effort.

Keep with it Amanda! I'm on day 23 and the program IS totally worth it! If you were cleaner to start (like I was), the results may come more slowly. But slow progress is still progress! :)

First, are you keeping a daily log? You would be amazed at the things you pay attention to when you write them down! Also, you can go back to see what things have changed over time and if you keep track of what you eat, you could learn why you are not feeling anything yet such as if you are eating too much/too little protein/good fats, etc.

Second, don't gauge your progress on others' posts regarding their progress. Everyone's bodies react differently so don't focus on comparing your progress to them. It's not worth the added stress. ;)

You will do great! Just give it time and remember that you are learning to become a healthier you and with learning comes a few stumbles.

I am on day 17 and my energy level is still very low... could hardly go to the gym today decided to go for a walk at lunch time instead.

I have stuck with it... 3 meals a day BF steak strips sauteed in smidgen of ghee/coconut oil steamed vegetable and 1/2 an avocado.

Lunch left over from the night before. usually chicken cooked in coconut milk and lots of veges... lunch same.

I am still waiting for that burst of energy and it is not happening, it is actually getting worse by the day. Not enough Carb??? Maybe???

Any ideas anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad to see this post... I'm on day 4 & not seeing any results (yes, I'm aware of how ridiculous this sounds), and I'm almost afraid that I'm gaining weight. My friend that I'm doing this with is 2 days ahead of me and says she definitely feels like she's losing weight. My diet was fairly clean before I started, although it included dairy (non fat plain Greek yogurt), some carbs (rice cakes, fruit, occasional couscous or brown rice), and occasional sweets (baked goodies & ice cream are my biggest downfalls, although I tried to limit).

I don't know if its all in my head/paranoia that I'm gaining weight or if I really am.

Anyway I'm happy to see some encouragement from this post. I'm hoping things will start happening over the next week or two...

Bethany, don't focus on weight while doing the W30...it'll drive you mad! :wacko: Instead, focus on the positive changes you are making in your diet/health. It's early on in your adventure so get ready for the positive changes in energy, focus, attitude! ;) If you are meant to lose weight, it will happen naturally. Don't forget, part of W30 is building a better relationship with food and how can you do that if you are worrying about if the avocado or beef you are eating are hindering weightloss (not the real purpose of W30 anyway...).

Archived