Start May 1st -

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've decided to continue too as I'm really enjoying it and not missing anything particularly.

I haven't had sugar for 3 months now - after a virtual lifetime of binge-eating on sugar.

So it'll be full steam ahead!

Calee - have you noticed big improvements?

What improvements have you all noticed, now that we're nearly at the end?

I don't have any puffiness around my ankles and wrists anymore. Just noticed that last week.

Also my fingernails have lost the ridges and feel very smooth. I think I've lost about 5cm from around my waist too.

The only change I am noticing so far is digestive and is my one goal for this W30. I was on a stomach acid inhibitor for over 2 years and really wanted to get off of it. I am on my 8th day without it and don't feel at all like I need it! (And I am finally regular, if you know what I mean.) Until I am properly digesting food, I don't really expect weight-loss, or improvement in other areas though, so I'm in this for the long haul.

Great to hear that you're doing well!

The only change I am noticing so far is digestive and is my one goal for this W30. I was on a stomach acid inhibitor for over 2 years and really wanted to get off of it. I am on my 8th day without it and don't feel at all like I need it! (And I am finally regular, if you know what I mean.) Until I am properly digesting food, I don't really expect weight-loss, or improvement in other areas though, so I'm in this for the long haul.

Great to hear that you're doing well!

Hi guys! I started a day later - on the 2nd - and am ticking along nicely. Hubby is desperate to go out for a meal to our local French restaurant (which we haven't investigated yet as we haven't been living here all that long) so I'm planning on a period (undetermined at this stage) of mostly compliance, a meal out or two to appease husband and then another Whole 30. I'm not missing anything, though I would love to make some paleo desserts. Want to keep up my good work though.

Terresa, that's awesome news about coming off your medication (and your regularity!). I'm so glad you've had this turnaround as I know the first few days weren't great with your loss of appetite.

I'm loving my first Whole 30! It took two weeks to notice many changes, but I have noticed my ankles are magically slimmer, I'm sleeping more and better and my energy level has increased significantly. I haven't been at all tempted to eat any noncompliant foods.

It was always my plan not to stop after 30 days and I think that's helped me to not be tempted by what I'll do after the 30 days are over. I can't imagine going back, and that's something coming from an almost daily baker and pastry aficionado. This Whole 30 has helped me find peace from my food demons and I know better than to invite them back from their slumber.

Going in to the month, one of my goals was weight loss, but I no longer care if that happens. I feel so great and I know that eating this way will give me slow and steady weight loss over time.

Thanks, Percypat! You're right about the end of the first week and beginning of the second. Pushing myself through the "I never want to eat again" phase was not fun! But so worth it!

It's wonderful that we can take this journey together!

Yay! We graduated! Congrats everyone. I loved doing this Whole30/AIP so much that I'm going to continue on. While I feel pretty darn vibrant, my sleep is still not where I would like it. I also feel that I need a firmer foothold with my food choices. I'm not quite ready to go it alone yet. There's really no food that I want as much as I want to feel radiant.

I love having a flat tummy from eliminating things that bloat me. I thought letting go of coffee would be tough, but it wasn't. The only food I really miss is bacon and egg yolks. Funny, nothing else really.

It's so true, what might begin as a quest for weightloss changes very quickly once we get going.

Congrats everyone. I never feel better than when Whole30-ing.

I think I'll continue on, now that I'm back from a week's holiday.

I kept holiday eating as Whole30 as I could although my son-in-law baked raspberry soufflés which I felt I really had to try. He's such a sweetie! 

I had two spoons of it and it was so unbearably sweet. The sweetness felt as if it was burning my mouth! Very weird! I know if I'd kept on eating, I'd be facing binge-eating on sugar again in a flash. So I passed it on and never felt the need to go there again for the rest of the holiday.

Actually I even lost 1.5cm from my waist that week.

So it's on and on. I'm pleased to be back into my normal eating routines and all those delicious vegetables.

Here's a photo of the hobbit plane I flew to Australia on. Very cool!

2nhn7o7.jpg

Archived