is tahini okay

nana

Tahini is made from chickpeas so it would not be compliant. Sesame seeds, while not ideal, can be used in moderation. Not sure on the sunflower seeds.

Tahini is a seed butter. It is made from sesame seeds. Hummus is made from garbonzo beans and tahini and therefor not OK. The other 3 are okay as an ingredient but full of omega 6 so I would not overdo.

Tahini is a seed butter. It is made from sesame seeds. Hummus is made from garbonzo beans and tahini and therefor not OK. The other 3 are okay as an ingredient but full of omega 6 so I would not overdo.

Oops! Think I need to stay on W30 longer so my brain can pay attention to the little details... :D Sorry about that!

As Susan said, tahini is technically compliant but very high in Omega 6 (not the good one). For every ounce of sesame seeds you're only getting 0.1 g of Omega 3 to a whopping 6.7 g Omega 6. So, whilst it would be OK occasionally, if you're having it twice a day, most days, you've quite an imbalance there which isn't really healthy. It would benefit your health more to limit the amount of tahina and swap with other salad dressing at least part of the time

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived