"KILL ALL THINGS!" Since middle of week 3

ckcc7

So today is actually day 30 for me (yey!) except I feel like since day 20 I've been terribly cranky and sour. Today I couldn't talk to my co-workers until I ate my lunch because I'm pretty sure I would've bit all their heads off and stole their non-compliant food! I'm vicious when it's about an hour before my next meal and all I crave is chocolate, cake and ice cream. My sugar-demon won't go away! The first 15 days were so much easier than the last 15 days! What am I doing wrong :/

Generally looks something like this

Meal 1: 2 scrambled eggs with onions, raw carrots, 1/2 a sweet potato and steamed broccoli.

Possible morning drink: (more like definite morning drink) light roast coffee with coconut milk.

Meal 2: slow-cooked shredded pork with salad greens, 1/2 an avocado, 1 boiled egg, black olives and steamed cauliflower.

Possible snack : grain-free granola (baked nuts)

Meal 3: grilled chicken or shrimp, parsnips, kale chips and some kind of berry with my newest love, coconut butter!

I know I often eat three eggs with some other source of protein in the morning, i.e. shredded beef or ground pork sausage patties, and plenty of veggies to feel satisfied until lunch and there's at least 6 hours between those meals.

You might need to increase your protein a little at each meal to feel satisfied and be sure you're getting enough good fats. Unless you're cooking in a good healthy fat source at breakfast it looks a little light in that regard, you could also use melted coconut oil to drizzle on your broccoli. Another thing I often eat at lunch is homemade mayo as a dip for raw veggies or the base for a salad dressing. It's definitely a little trial and error to find out what your body needs to feel strong and healthy.

You didn't mention but what's your activity level? It might be you really do need slightly larger meals if you've been working out or increased your activity. How's your sleep? Not getting enough definitely sets me up to feel "hangry" all day.

Archived