Too much Fat or too much to eat?

I was hoping someone could have a look at what I've been eating generally and offer any advice.

Today is day 16 for me and I have felt a surge in energy. I've been more active in the last 4 days than I have in a while. While that is awesome to have, I haven't seen much in the better sleep, less bloat, and clothes fitting better area. I ate a pretty bad diet pre whole30 trying to ramp up gluten consumption for celiac testing. I gained 18 pounds in a month and a half, so I figured the weight would come off easily with a super clean diet. So far I don't see much difference in the way things fit. I'm sleeping 8-9 hours nightly and don't really have a high stress life. I do have PCOS so I'm not sure if that's stalling me. Anyway here is what I ate yesterday which is pretty typical of my daily food intake. Can someone double check me to make sure I'm not eating too much?

Breakfast: 2 eggs, a slice of bacon or sausage with no sugar added, and veggies. (sometimes a salad with creamy Italian dressing from well fed, or broccoli steamed with ghee)

Lunch: A slice of meatloaf (Or some leftover) with a salad with creamy Italian from Well Fed, and broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, etc.

Dinner: Beef stew

I have not been very active throughout this process other than yardwork a few hours each night (pulling weeds, plating flowers, watering, etc)

I appreciate any help!

You're only 1/2 way through so try to be patient in the bloat/clothes department. That can, and often does, take the full 30 days. It certainly doesn't look like you're eating too much to me, if anything you might try upping your protein and good healthy fats to see how you feel. Are you primarily relying on the dressing as your source of added fat?

It does depend on some of your portion sizes, but I would agree that you might not be eating enough. Like Krista said, there's not much fat in there other than your dressing. Are you taking a probiotic? That can help with the bloating, especially if you're eating a lot more veggies than you used to (digestive enzymes would be good in that case too).

Have you tried magnesium to help you sleep? It works great for me.

Mos def NOT too much food or fat. Like others have said, we don't know what your portion sizes are but how much fat are you adding besides the dressing? Fat is really critical, I find.

I think that, I anything, you want to err on the side of eating too much in the beginning so you can make sure you are really satisfying yourself. If you are under eating, you may not see the results you want to see.

Are you following the meal template? When I am strictly following it, I do very well. When I stray, I have issues. The meal template is key. Palm size meat, fill plate with veg, then add your fats. If you are coming from a badly damaged gut/endocrine system it may take a little while longer to deal with he bloat--especially if you are coming from little veg to a lot of veg. Digestive enzymes can help with that.

The dressing, and some ghee is my veggies is what I've been relying on for fat. I try to follow the meal template as far as portion sizes so I aim for mostly veggies and a palm of protein.

Any ideas on increasing fat intake? I don't find myself hungry in between meals so I thought maybe I was eating enough.

A probiotic and magnesium are a good tip. Thanks!

KimB -

If you're following the template and not hungry during meals, then I wouldn't fuss too much over the amounts you're eating. My guess is that your 6 weeks of inflammatory foods + PCOS is going to mean that the healing/calming/weight loss process may be slower for you. My advice is to be patient and focus on the benefits as you experience them. Don't focus on what you want but aren't getting.

Archived