Non-athlete Pre and Post WO meals?

SonyaT

Ok, just a quick question: I am far from an athlete and I have just started getting some workouts in and I am wondering if I need to worry about a pre and post meal since I can guarantee the workouts I am doing don't compare to a crossfit class or a 5-10 mile run that so many of you do daily. Should I just stick with the three template meals a day and call it good? I'm just getting into a good routine but my daily workouts range from a Kettleworx dvd to an aquatic Zumba class to a 45 minute walk in the evening. Since I'm really just getting started and not working on any personal best or anything terribly monstrous (seriously, sometimes I get tired just reading about what some of you are doing!!!) is the act of working out simply enough?

TIA!!!

That's probably roughly equivalent to what I do, and I'm generally fine with the 3-meal template. If I wind up starving in the afternoon or something, I just eat a mini meal, but that only happens once in a while.

I too don't always do super-intense workouts. I just watch my hunger and plan for a little extra food during the day if I feel I need it. I don't feel like I need to eat an extra 400 calories in eggs and sweet potatoes just to spin a half an hour on the bike!

Ok, good!! I really haven't felt like I needed to be adding any more food to my day but this whole "listening to my body" thing is incredibly new to me and I'm not always sure I am hearing things correctly! Thank you for the input! :D

Robin-- It really is a hoot! I was told that the instructor was REALLY passionate about it and lemme tell you - they were not kidding!!! It has been the most fun part of my entire week! I'm a little sad that it's only offered three times a week!

Archived