JinksE's Forever After

Jinkse21

Day 31 - Success!

Can it be true that I made it through 30 days of no processed foods, no alcoholic beverages, no grains or legumes, no dairy, cooking 95% of my meals, successfully socializing with friends, gaining more energy, logging every day?? Hell YES it is!!! B) I was very surprised at how easy it was for me to jump right in having no experience with the Paleo/Primal lifestyle....I guess it was just time! Throughout today, I will work on my Success post but I thought I would start my post-journey now as this will not be ending for me! I believe that coming here every day is what really helped me to succeed as the support has been tremendous!

My re-introduction will be a slow one as I plan to re-introduce items on the weekends since that will pretty much follow when I will choose to eat non-compliant foods from here on out. I am already planning on corn tortilla chips with my guac on Derby Day! ^_^ It is very strange that I am planning on introducing things other than alcohol first since alcohol has always been a big part of my socialization time with friends and family. It just doesn't seem like such a big deal now...

Breakfast:

2 HB Eggs

4 Thin Slices Applegate Roast Beef

Carrot/Cucumber Sticks

1/2 small Avocado

I am sad that today was the last day I would be receiving the Whole Daily emails. It was the best $14.95 I spent in a long time! There was so much useful information in them that I know I will be going back to them from time to time. I highly recommend that people doing the Whole30 for the first time, sign up for the emails! After spending at least $39.95 per month for years at Weight Watchers, $14.95 is like a drop in the hat!

Although it's scray to think of the challenges to come, I am excited for my Happily Ever After thanks to W30!

Lunch:

Leftover GF Ground Beef with Veggies (beef fat used to cook beef and veggies...mmmm....fat...)

Blackberries

Steamed Broccoli

It's been a crazy, busy day at work so I can't wait to go home and run a bunch of errands then eat some Thai! Since It's been so busy, I haven't been able to work on my Success post so it may be a day or two late. Because I have so much I want to say, I know I will have to edit myself so readers don't get bored! ^_^

Lots to do tonight so I stopped by my favorite Thai place and had the Red Curry with Seafood. Yum! As a celebratory gift for myself, I bought some bright orange shoes! Ha! Guess I am feeling more confident if I am wearing things to draw attention to me! :D. Then I was on a mission to find a picture frame for a picture of my parents for their anniversary. Yea for Michael's continuous sales on customize framing! I also found silk roses to make a Derby hat for Saturday. It should be interesting! Ha!

Dinner:

Red Curry with Seafood (only ate half and was full!)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WooHooo!

I too will miss the daily emails. I liked reading them and I loved how well timed so many of them were with the things I was grappling with. Of course, there were many that I just wasn't ready to hear, but I imagine if I go back and read them again, I'll incorporate more and more into my life. It was money very well spent.

A non-alcoholic toast to the After.

WooHooo!

I too will miss the daily emails. I liked reading them and I loved how well timed so many of them were with the things I was grappling with. Of course, there were many that I just wasn't ready to hear, but I imagine if I go back and read them again, I'll incorporate more and more into my life. It was money very well spent.

A non-alcoholic toast to the After.

I was so surprised how several of them coincided with things I was thinking about! I know I will refer back to them in the future!

Ad a non-alcoholic toast to you too! At least for now.... ;)

I just tried changing my profile pic but I can't see that it's changed....I took several this morning because I was looking so post-Whole30 cute! ;). I was looking at the one I decided on and can't believe how much younger I look! I really don't think that person in the pic is turning 41 this year and I love it! My after pics of the body still need to be taken so I can compare them with the ones before.

I love how I am still excited about this new lifestyle path I have chosen!

Argh! The old pic is still showing! When I go to my profile page, the pic I want shows there.... :(

Congrats! I can't wait to read your success story.

On the picture, go into your picture, click change and then adjust crop and then ok wihout actually changing the crop. That's how I finally got mine to change.

Thanks all! It was weird because I didn't do anything then the next morning, there it was! ^_^ When I took that picture yesterday morning, I shocked myself with how young I look so I am happy to look at that one every day!! :lol:

Day 32 - Work Sucks

Nothing else to say about work but it sucks! <_< For the first day, I really would like to grab a beer, or several! LOL But, alas, I shall go home and cook dinner then make a Derby Hat! :D

I found Boar's Head Naturals at Kroger today during lunch to go on my salad and was very happy to find out it is sugar-free as well as all the other nasty stuff. It costs $12.99/lb though! Good thing I only bought 1/4 lb and looked at the price later! It did taste really good though! I checked their website and they have 6-8 products that are sugar-free but it doesn't list their actual ingredients, at least that I could see. I did good in the store though because there were a few things I picked up that weren't Whole30 but thought i could give it a try but then walked on...it's not worth it!

Breakfast:

2 HB Eggs

4 Thin Slices Applegate Roast Beef

Carrot/Celery

1/2 small Avocado

Lunch:

Salad Bar at Kroger - all compliant

Boar's Head Natural Roast Beef

Wholly Guacamole instead of dressing

Maybe wine will be re-introduced this weekend instead of the planned gluten-free grains..... :ph34r:

Dinner:

2 Grilled Organic Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless (used EVOO to grill)

Grilled Asparagus (used EVOO)

Sautéed Dino Kale with Garlic in Ghee

With dinner finished I was off to Hallmark to buy a First Communion present for a dear friend's little girl. I think I spent an hour there wandering around...there's so much crap there to stare at! :). After successfully find a present and card, I came home to make my Derby hat. It actually turned out like I planned it in my head! I can't wait to show it off!

Day 33 - And They're Off!

It's Derby Day boys and girls! I have actually never been to the Derby nor do I have any interest in going unless I have seats by the big wigs! My friend decided to have a party tonight so i will get to see a lot of friends I don't see often. The best part is that they are not big drinkers so it will make it easier in that regards but they are making food to take over and a lot of it is very non-compliant! I plan on making guacamole to eat with veggies and organic corn tortillas I bought at Whole Foods. The host is making carne asada and I think someone else is bringing carnitas so I will make sure there are some compliant toppings to go along with them. I really don't want to eat too many chips but I have all these plans in my head for them...chips to dip, nachos, plain, smashed up topping...I feel like Forrest Gump's shrimp friend! LOL!

Today could be another challenging day for lunch. I am going to visit my brother so I probably won't have lunch until after 2:00 and since I will be out of town, my choices will be limited...unless I can find a sushi place so I can have rice with my sushi! Now that's an idea! ;)

Breakfast:

4 slices Boar's Head Naturals Roast Beef

Mushrooms sautéed in Ghee

Leftover Red Curry (lots of bamboo shoots and a few shrimp)

Time to get to packing! (Success story really is coming!)

Lunch (Qdoba):

Steak Tacos with Hard Corn Shells

Side of Guac

Dinner:

Carne Asada on Corn Tortilla

Carnitas

Homemade Guacamole

Carrots, Red Peppers

Organic Corn Tortilla Chips

Organic Tomatillo Salsa

Tonight was a strange night...my girlfriend who doesn't normally drink, was drinking while I stood there with my water bottle! LOL. I had a good time with everyone though! I wish I lived closer to them! It's nice to hang out with people who do other things than hang out and drink and talk about their party days all the time. The kids are always a lot of fun too! I made guacamole but the avocados were not very ripe so I was a little disappointed but everyone seemed to like it because it was gone pretty quick!

congrats on your finish! I started from SAD, too, and sometimes I think it was easier...no paleo habits/favorite foods to cut out. just SAD foods that are so obviously horrible for you they're easy to push aside (kind of :lol: )

have fun at Derby Day! love how you're geographical area is celebrating the Derby today and out here on the west coast it's all about cinco de mayo...

Day 34 - Oh How I have Missed Diet Coke...or Maybe Not!

Why do I always sleep so well at my friend's?? I slept until 8:00 which I never do at home! I had a nice breakfast with my friend and her family. Her husband makes a pancake breakfast every Sunday for the kids. He was funny because he has been using My Fitness Pal so he measures everything! Oh, how I do not miss those days! He made scrambled eggs and sausage so I could eat with them too. Pretty cool friends!

Breakfast:

2 Scrambled Eggs

2 small Pork Sausage Patties

Carrot sticks

Organic Tomatillo Salsa

I made it to my friend's daughter's First Communion just in time but I didn't see them to sit with them. Gracie looked beautiful! It was so good seeing my friend and her family. Her mom was in town and she was a big part of my teenage years since I spent a lot of time at their house. Loved seeing her! I thought I would have very limited food options there but there were plenty! And so good! Her husband loves to cook and he uses a lot of fresh ingredients.

Lunch:

Broiled Steak

Romaine Lettuce

Guacamole

Fresh Salsa

Tostito Scoops

Grapes

So far, I don't seem to have any reactions to gluten-free grains except that I want to keep eating them but more because it's there than anything. I don't think they are something I can keep in the house very easily. Better to only eat them when I am out!

I was going to stop by Trader Joe's but remembered there is a food co-op in Lexington so I stopped there instead and I am glad I did! They had a 2 pound butter log! Ha! I need to make some more ghee so perfect!! They also had tons of grass-fed beef and Bison options! I picked up Bison sausage, pork sausage, beef tenderloin cuts, and beef bones for bone broth. I had to get a cart because the hand asked got too heavy to carry! :). I have a new place to get my meats! Since I go to Lexington once a month, it's perfect!

It was raining all day so on my way home, I stopped to get so etching to drink and decided to get a fountain Diet Coke after 33 days of being Diet Coke-free! It tastes funny....I took a few drinks and it just left a weird taste in my mouth. I didn't drink anymore. Guess I will stick with it my favorite way, from a can, just when I travel. I don't feel like I have been missing anything!

Got home and got to cooking! I had to get the big pot out to make the ghee! Turns out 2 pounds of butter equals 4 cups of ghee! I had to use my two small jars for mayo in addition to my big ghee jar! Yum!! The bones are also in the crockpot using Nom Nom Paleo's recipe, except I had to use shallots instead of onions and. Plan on cooking it in the crockpot until I get off work tomorrow. I can't wait to drink it!

Dinner:

Turkey Kielbasa

Sautéed Kale in Bacon Fat

Mushrooms Sautéed in Ghee

1/2 Avocado

decided to get a fountain Diet Coke after 33 days of being Diet Coke-free! It tastes funny....I took a few drinks and it just left a weird taste in my mouth. I didn't drink anymore. Guess I will stick with it my favorite way, from a can, just when I travel. I don't feel like I have been missing anything!

That's what happened to me when I gave up Diet Coke for a month a few years ago. I couldn't drink it again. Not a bad thing!

Day 35 - Success Story Written...Finally!!

I finally had the time to sit down and really think about my success story...at work! :lol: I could have written so much more but I feel that my logs provide so much more detail and in-the-moment thoughts. I am very prooud of my accomplishments through this Whole30 that I have even more motivation to do it again in the future!

Breakfast:

Leftover Organic Chicken Thighs

Grilled Purple Asparagus

1/2 Avocado

I brought carrot sticks with me but I was full so I saved them for lunch...

Lunch:

Turkey Kielbasa

Sauteed Kale in Bacon Fat

Mushrooms cooked in Ghee

Carrot sticks are still in the bag...

Now that my Whole30 is over and I pretty much plan on eating this way from now on, I feel like I need a new goal/challenge. I thought about doing planks every day to see how I progress...sending a letter/card to one person a day for 30 days...cleaning out my drawers and closests for 20 minutes a day...volunteering....something to give me something to do other than work, cook, eat, and sleep. I just can't seem to make up my mind and it seems like there's always some kind of excuse just like there was with changing my eating habits. But I guess with my eating changes, it will come in time. This month I am traveling just about every weekend and it's packed with things like birthdays, anniversaries, holidays..oh my! I just have to remind myslef to take some time for myself or I will get so overwhelmed that stopping to pick up fast food or eat at a restautant will be my resolution to making time for myself. My time is much more precious than that, right??

I did make one decision and that is to not weigh myself until June 2nd. Weighing every 30 days is much better than weighing myself every morning and much healthier mentally!

Major protein cook-up tonight! Ground beef with taco seasoning...check! Pastured Chicken rubbed down in ghee blended with hot curry, parsley, powdered garlic, salt and pepper...check! Well, almost! I thought 50 minutes would be enough for a 2.5 chicken but not! I didn't discover it until after I cut into it so I finished cutting it up and put it back in the oven. I also made roasted golden beets and they are so yummy! Just skip the part of cutting off a layer of skin with the peeler! Eek! Was it worth it. Hell yes! ;). Tonight's dinner was all over the place! Lots of bites here and there to equal a meal! I almost forgot about my bone broth! I thought it would have a stronger beef taste but it was more fatty tasting. Time to turn to the cooking forum for advice!

Dinner:

Cup of Bone Broth

Organic Ground Beef

Pastured Chicken

Carrots (cooked from bone bone broth)

Roasted Golden Beets

I must be crazy...I plan on doing my cook-up tonight! Roasted chicken, something with ground beef, roasted sweet potatoes, homemade mayo, cauliflower rice....what else can I make in 2 hours???? :blink:

Day 36 - Veg Day (the Good Kind of VEG!)!

After cooking a lot of meat last night, I decided to cook-up a lot of veggies tonight to complete meals for the reat of the week. It's taken some time but I am getting better about having meals on hand so I am not constantly in the kitchen cooking. I found that cooking took my mind off wanting to eat (weird, huh?? <_< ) so I spent 2 hours in the kitchen several days. Now, I have besome more efficient in the kitchen and want to find other things to do so I am trying not to spend so much time there, especially since the weather is getting nicer. I'll be making a stop at the farmer's market after work so I can see what fresh veggies they have in stock. I do wish cauliflower wasn't expensive right now but I love mashed cauliflower so I'll live!

Breakfast:

Organic Taco Ground Beef

Roasted Golden Beets

Carrots cooked in Bone Broth

Wholly Guacamole

Lunch:

Roasted Pastured Chicken Leg/Thigh and Wing (ate the yummy skin!)

Roasted Golden Beets

Carrot Sticks

I am thinking about re-introducing dairy tomorrow for two days because I would love to have some goat cheese or feta on a salad...or Starbucks! :D In a way, I am hoping my body doesn't like it so I will quit spending $4 for a coffee drink! :ph34r: Out of all of things I have gone without over the last month, dairy and wine are probably the only things I would really like to add back in. I think I will become a little more lenient with sugar and soy when they are added to things like ketchup, bacon, Sriracha, marinades, etc. because I don't want to obsess over those things unless I am doing a W30 again.

I was looking at my before and after pitcures that my husband took (he is a really BAD photographer!!! :unsure: ) and I dont' see much difference...I'm stil fat in all the wrong places! :P The only place I can see a noticeable difference is in my face which is good because I can't cover that up too easily! I decided I am going to have pictures taken every 30 days on this Primal journey so I can see what changes over time. Maybe one day I'll post my pics! MAYBE! :rolleyes:

I have to say that I absolutely love my farmers market! I picked out cauliflower, mushrooms, and other veggies at one store then goat cheese and dates at another! After work, there is no one there so I get to talk to the owners/workers and find out more stuff about their services/foods. The is a stand that makes a lot of dishes using local products from the market so you can take home and eat. I bought some chicken salad with cashews for lunch tomorrow. Very yummy...and the only thing not Whole30 compliant was the mayo.

Veggie cook-up!! Mashed cauliflower, roasted sweet potatoes, and roasted Brussel sprouts! The cauliflower must've had too much liquid because it was a little thinner than my other batches...more of a purée. I did use a lot of ghee and bacon fat in it! :). I didn't burn or overlook the sweet potatoes! Woohoo!!

Dinner:

Taco Ground Beef

Mashed Cauliflower

3 rounds of Roasted Sweet Potato

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Cup of Beef Bone Broth

I love my co-workers! Every month, they get donuts or cake to celebreate birthdays during the month. The woman who organizes it knows I was doing a special "diet" and she sent me an email to see if there was anything in particular I wanted (it's my birthday month ;) ). That was so thoughtful of her! I told her I didn't want anything....just to let everyone else enjoy the cake/cookies. The last day they provided brekfast for the department she got bananas and oranges and made sure I got something.

When I introduced dairy I bought a bunch of raw cheeses and tried a latte from Starbucks. The raw cheeses were fine but the Starbucks made my tummy gurgly. I'm only bummed because I usually use my free drink (when I earn it) for those more expensive lattes. Good for you on turning down a birthday treat and that was really nice of your co-worker.

Day 37 - Dairy Me Crazy!

Today is the day! Dairy is really the only re-introduction I was really looking forward to (besides wine :D ) so I could get a Starbuck's cappuccino and eat some cheese! I was surprised that I didn't want a cappuccino sooner as I had it planned out that it or Diet Coke would be my first beverage on Day 31. Goes to show that Whole30 worked for me! I stopped at Starbuck's this morning and pulled out my Gold card and ordered a Grande Wet Cappuccino (in the past it would have been a venti no-fat wet capp!) and it tasted pretty darn good! I opted for full-fat because I have read that it's actually better than getting skim which is full of sugar! :o It tasted SOOOO muche better!! I found a double-walled, stainless steel tumbler there so I bought it as a treat, not only for my cappuccino but for my hot teas every morning. ;)

For lunch, I plan on have a serving of Natural Dubliner Cheese. It smelled so good when I was slicing it! I decided that I when I have cheese, it will not be the processed crap like Laghing Cow Cheese Spread or the shredded/block cheese like Kraft or Sargento. I want to eat all natural cheeses or stick with artisnal cheeses...they have so much better flavor and you don't need a lot of it to be satisfied...well, except for Brie which is my all-time favorite cheese and I could eat a whole round of that...especially triple cream!! :rolleyes: One of the things I have been wondering about lately is how to adjust me meals when I include dairy, grains or alcohol, especially since I want to keep losing weight. I posted something in the forum so hopefully I will find some help there. I guess I am going back to my thinking about calories and how added calories instead of replacing something will hinder weightloss which I think it still true but I don't want to go overboard. I know with following the template with a few add-ins on occasion will not cause me to gain weight but it's scary to start thinking about again!

Breakfast:

Taco Ground Beef

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Cauliflower Puree

Grande Wet Cappuccino

I made sure I ate the ground beef which wasn't a lot but by the time I ate less than half of the veggies and drank my drink, I was full so I am saving the leftovers to eat with chicken salad from the farmer's market and cheese for lunch. I have found that I do not need to eat as much to feel full and I am getting better about stopping at that point but I also had it in the back of my mind that I added a cappuccino (more calories than my morning hot tea) and cheese at lunch so I wanted to cut back on how much fat I have at my meals to see how it makes me feel. Gotta love new learning experiences! :)

Lunch:

Chicken Salad made with Mayo and a few Cashews

Kerrygold Dubliner Natural Cheese

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Cauliflower Puree

Ughhhh...so full! I think I ate too much chicken salad but it was sooooo good!! :rolleyes: The cheese was good too but I think I could get away with eating less than one serving as it felt really rich to me. The leftover veggies from this morning were just enough! I think I am still feeling the effects of the caffeine in the cappuccino! Crazy energy today!! It definitely has more caffeine than my usual hot green tea! :D Definitely won't be getting those too often...maybe just when I travel to my families' (typically 4-5 hours).

When I came home from work, I was not in the mood to cook so I am glad I have lots of leftovers! I wasn't hungry right away and didn't eat until almost 8:00 and I ate it on the couch....I know...bad! :(. My husband asked me what I was cooking and I said nothing because I had leftovers!

Dinner:

Taco Ground Beef

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese

Lots of repeat meals since I will be having the same stuff tomorrow for breakfast and lunch. Eating leftovers for several days doesn't bother me like it used to....apparently, cooking EVERY day bothers me more! Ha! I haven't decided if I will eat dairy tomorrow too. So far everything has been fine and I can't say I want to go through feeling like crap because I eat too much.

I am going to take Natural Calm tonight about 15 minutes before going to bed to see if it helps me sleep through the night even though the ear plugs have been helping me. I really need to go to sleep earlier but I just can't do it. Maybe this will help....

One of the things I have been wondering about lately is how to adjust me meals when I include dairy, grains or alcohol, especially since I want to keep losing weight. I posted something in the forum so hopefully I will find some help there. I guess I am going back to my thinking about calories and how added calories instead of replacing something will hinder weightloss which I think it still true but I don't want to go overboard. I know with following the template with a few add-ins on occasion will not cause me to gain weight but it's scary to start thinking about again!

I'm struggling a bit with the same thing - how to fit reintro foods into the template because they'll push other things off my plate. I suppose cheese could be a sometimes replacement for your fat portion, but since it's not "healthy fat" it may not be a good everyday thing. I'll have to look for your forum post and see what others say, too.

Day 38 - Dreams freak Me Out!

Last night, I took some Natural Calm before bed, put my earplugs in and was asleep within minutes of putting my head down! However, I had crazy dreams all night! Ex-boyfriends, living in an apartment, being in an Army bunker....none of it made any sense! I don't know if it was because of the Natural Calm, the dairy, or just because! I found myself not wanting to wake up so I could find out what happened next..have you ever done that??? WEIRD!! :blink:

I decided to eat clean today...I like knowing that I can have certain foods again but I don't want to eat them just because I can. That just tailspins into eating it until it's gone and that's never any good! It's odd but knowing I can have something and choosing not to have it seems more freeing than anything! Now, this weekend when I go out with my husband for an early birthday dinner then to our friends' may be a big more challenging since I plan on drinking wine but I will try to keep in mind how I may feel the next day. I've worked really hard the last 37 days and I would hate to see it end because I can't control myself.

Breakfast:

Taco Ground Beef

Mashed Cauliflower

Roasted Sweet Potato

Lunch:

Roasted Pastured Chicken Leg/Thigh/Wing

Mashed Cauliflower

Roasted Sweet Potato

I am glad my leftover meats are dwindling...starting to get a little bored with them! I took out Salmon and Liver Wurst but I may go to the Thai place for dinner tonight and save the Salmon for dinner tomorrow night with the hubster. The Liver Wurst will make for a yummy breakfast/lunch tomorrow! mmmmmm....with yellow mustard..... :wub:

I was tempted to step on the scale this morning but I didn't. I can't say I feel any different than I did 7 days ago but during the W30, I really didn't feel that different other than my belly fat decreasing and my fingers not being so swollen and I still lost a lot. We shall see! I still vow to not step on that stupid scale until June 2! ;)

I ate dinner at my little Thai place and I wish I would have gotten the Red Curry! Don't you hate that when you order something then wish you would have gotten something else or look at what others got and wish you had ordered that?? What I got was still good but I actually wish I had the coconut milk! :o

Dinner:

Lava Seafood with Broccoli, Carrots, Onion, Snow Peas

My nephew's school at a "concert" so I went to that....oh how it brough back memories! He is in kindergarten and I got to see his classroom and his class sing a few songs. Hilarious!!! The 8th grade class did their songs then said thank you to all the teachers they had over the years. It was very touching. :wub:

I drank some bone broth when I got home. I would really like to see if I experience any benefits from it but I just have to remember to drink it every day! Also, I have to remind myself to make it! Luckily, making a big crockpot full of it seems to make enough to last me a week and a half.

Day 39 - Fat Day

For the first time in awhile, I feel fat. :( Not really bloated...just fat. I guess I still have to get past the fact that weightloss doesn't happen overnight with all of these positive changes. Makes me wonder if stepping on the scale once a week to see change is better than only once a month. There should be some kind of positive re-inforcement to keep me motivated, right? It's not like I'll get obsessive about it, right? Blah...

I did decide to up my fat intake today because when I look back at my past meals, I think I started backing off the fat...going back to my old low-fat mentality to lose weight. I have to say that I STILL love me some avocado!! :wub: I definitely feel more satified!

I finally got around to trying out US Wellness Meats Beef Liverwurst that I ordered a month ago. Not very impressed. Yes, it tasted like liverwurst but I guess I was expecting heaven in the shape of liverwurst but that's not what I got! :lol: I don't know if it's because the texture changes because it's frozen or not but when I had liverwurst in the past, there was something creamy about it. Luckily, I had my yellow mustard to dip it in! Can't say that is on the "Buy Again" list!

Breakfast:

Beef Liverwurst

Yellow Mustard

1 Avocado

Mashed Cauliflower

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Today is a Lunch Out day! Decided on a burger place and ordered without bun, mayo, and cheese and it was still good! I could even eat half of it...one because we were a little pressed for time and I am slow eater and, two, because I was full. Brought the rest back to work with me but I don't know if I'll even eat it.

Lunch:

"Burger" with Roasted Poblanos and Mushrooms

House Salad with no Dressing

It's a rainy do so we'll be staying in tonight and resting up for tomorrow's evening of fun and wine! ;) I'm going to cook for the first time in 3 days! I had enough leftovers so I didn't have to cook the last two days and I love it! Planning really does work! :D

Have I said lately how much I love having a farmers market open just about every day?? I stopped by my favorite little store and picked up lots of goodies! They had huge strawberries and they taste so sweet! I bought morel mushrooms so I can have a yummy breakfast with poached eggs tomorrow morning. Side note... I made the husband find the egg poacher pan we got for our wedding 5 years ago! Ha! I can't wait...poached eggs, morel mushrooms, fresh spinach...yum!! I also managed to find an Italian organic wine to drink at some point. I am slowly building my wine selections...just gotta keep the hubby out and figure out a way to make it last longer than two days when I normally quit drinking it and pour the remaining wine out!

Dinner:

Salmon cooked in Ghee

Roasted Asparagus in EVOO

Yam with Ghee

4 large Strawberries

Cup Bone Broth

Day 40 - Reckless Abandonment (At Least Whole30 Reckless)

Dinner out tonight with drinks for the first time in over 40 days! It's an early birthday dinner since I will be out of town the next two weekends so I am not too concerned about being compliant, at least at dinner. While I am looking forward to a good glass of wine, I am having a little anxiety that it may be so good that I will want to start my drinking habits like I did before. Guess this will be e test!

Breakfast:

2 Poached Eggs (or what was supposed to be!)

1/2 Avocado

Morel Mushrooms, Sweet Potato, Asparagus, Spinach sautéed in Ghee

Off to the BMV early to renew my tags then off to see Iron Man 3 at the early show. Benefit of going before noon...only $5! I LOVED Iron Man 3! Not a dull moment! The popcorn smelled ridiculously good! I just took a big smell then kept walking!

I picked up the picture I had framed for my parents' anniversary and it looked so good! I know they will love it! Lunch was at a Thai place I don't go to that often because they do not have sushi. I wanted to try their curry which turned out really good but I think I overdid it on the coconut milk as I ordered soup and curry, both with coconut milk. I paid dearly for it later with heartburn and an unusual BM.

Lunch:

Panang Curry with Beef

Coconut Soup with Chicken

By the time I got home, it was time to start getting ready for the evening. I got all prettied up and even curled my hair. Jimmy G's is a neat, old school steak restaurant and I can't believe we haven't been there before. We sat at the bar before dinner and that glass of Jargon Pinot Noir was really good! It was just the beginning...

Dinner:

Small piece of Naan and Multigrain Bread with Butter

Octopus appetizer with 1/2 Cheese Crisp

Steak Tartar with Caper Berries and Poached Egg

Dry Aged Ribeye Steak

Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Marcona nuts

Creme Brulee (yum!)

Bottle of Pinot Noir

Seems like a lot but my husband and I split everything plus we had leftover steak and Brussel sprouts. It was so good! And not worrying about being compliant was nice too. We went to a friend's afterwards and was surprised with a little birthday gathering. By that point, I was feeling pretty good from the wine and managed to drink another glass there before getting sick and falling asleep on the couch until 2:00.

Archived