anti-inflammatory foods

I hurt my shoulder. Turns out that I have a partial tear in my labrum, and a small tear in the trapezius muscle as well. The orthopedic surgeon told me I wouldn't need surgery (woo-who!) but anti-inflammatory meds, physical therapy, etc. I don't like the idea of 8 weeks taking prescription anti-inflammatory medications. However, I know that getting rid of the inflammation is the key to healing and healing well.

I am on day 32 of being Whole30 compliant. I know a little about what foods add to or decrease inflammation. However, I'd love some suggestions. For example, I know sugar increases, but spices like curcumin decrease.

Do you have any suggestions for foods you know decrease inflammation? Foods beyond sugar and alcohol that I should avoid?

Yay for no surgery, but bleh on the anti-inflammatory meds. I feel like I'm in a similar boat, but without any diagnosis. I rather hate taking the meds and knowing that they might prevent my gut from doing its healing, but then I really want to do what I need to do to get my knee functional again. It's hard not trusting the medical professionals. My doctors have been good, but they are all specializing in their own thing and not looking at the whole big picture. Now I'm off to read that link on Mark's Daily Apple. Good Luck! Hope to read more about how the process goes for you this next month or two.

Archived