Adagio's Whole30 Dance

Adagio

I have enjoyed reading your W30 blog! I started the same day as you, and have had some of the same issues. Especially digestion issues the past 10 days or so. I am pretty certain that nuts are the culprit...I am hoping that coconut products aren't the problem! I am feeling sick and tired of vegetables in general, but I am towing the line. I feel the same way you do about coffee. I tried it this morning with a tablespoon of coconut oil and a teaspoon of ghee, blended up, and it was just okay. I really miss my raw whole cream. Surprisingly, I do not miss cheese or butter, or even grains. What I do miss is the convenience of throwing a piece of bread in the toaster in the morning, or grabbing a sandwich on the go. I wish I could find those Pure Wraps in my area!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have enjoyed reading your W30 blog! I started the same day as you, and have had some of the same issues. Especially digestion issues the past 10 days or so. I am pretty certain that nuts are the culprit...I am hoping that coconut products aren't the problem! I am feeling sick and tired of vegetables in general, but I am towing the line. I feel the same way you do about coffee. I tried it this morning with a tablespoon of coconut oil and a teaspoon of ghee, blended up, and it was just okay. I really miss my raw whole cream. Surprisingly, I do not miss cheese or butter, or even grains. What I do miss is the convenience of throwing a piece of bread in the toaster in the morning, or grabbing a sandwich on the go. I wish I could find those Pure Wraps in my area!

Thanks!

You can order the pure wraps online:

http://improveat.com/whatoffer.php

I will return to adding cream to my coffee and see how it goes.

I find that egg muffins are the easiest breakfast for me. That is, when I get around to making them!

After Whole30: I'm staying Paleo for good. Since giving up cheese, I don't have heart palpitations anymore, hooray. (A weird but common symptom of casein intolerance.)

I may indulge in white potatoes maybe once a month when hubby and I go out for our burger/fries dinner, and I may have a glass of red wine once in a while, but other than that, I'm sticking as close to Whole30 as possible. Why not?

This is exactly how I am feeling! I just don't see myself going back. Right before my Whole30 I wasn't eating a LOT of grains (and dairy was mostly protein powders), but I am a BELIEVER!

Keep up the good work :)

P.S., I found a paleo restaurant in Atlanta...http://www.urbanpl8.com/ I really want to try, but I am going to wait until after my whole 30!

This is exactly how I am feeling! I just don't see myself going back. Right before my Whole30 I wasn't eating a LOT of grains (and dairy was mostly protein powders), but I am a BELIEVER!

Keep up the good work :)

P.S., I found a paleo restaurant in Atlanta...http://www.urbanpl8.com/ I really want to try, but I am going to wait until after my whole 30!

Thanks!

UrbanPL8 has a paleo night once a week. I haven't tried it yet, but someone I know said it was good.

Whole30 July 28

B: Eggplant and eggs with tomatoes. Black coffee

L: burger with mashed sweet potato and fried eggs. Grapes.

D: Applegate hot dogs with raw sauerkraut, roasted carrots, sliced tomatoes. Grapes.

Thoughts:

Had guests yesterday and they ate some nice looking corn on the cob. I wanted to grab a bite but resisted! I won't be eating grapes again, as they tend to make me crave sugar. No thanks!

Hi Adagio,

I have enjoyed reading your post. We made the Czech meatballs as well. The reason they are called that is because they are a traditional dish in Czechoslovakia, My mother and aunts used to make Czech meatballs and potato dumplings. We have found that we have to decrease the seasonings in the Well fed recipes. Do you?

Your hot dogs and sauerkraut sounds good - I may have to get some (lol).

Thank you :)

Meatballs (I mean the shape and name) are not traditional dish in Czechoslovakia. In fact, I ate meatballs for the first time in Swedish furniture store, IKEA.

We make patties from ground meat, called "karbanátky". Caraway seeds and paprika are common spices in it, so I think that it is the reason for that name :)

karbanatkykrabi2_199620.jpg

Also we often make "ÄevabÄiÄi" - Cevapi, originally Bulgarian dish.

ceva.jpg

And we are not Czechoslovakia any more, we divided on Czech and Slovak Republic in 1992 :)

Whole30 July 29

B: Eggs, eggplant, and tomatoes. Black coffee

L: Roast beef and sliced hardboiled egg. Mustard. On a Pure Wrap. Banana and coconut cream

Snack: Macadamia nuts

D: chicken sausage in tomato sauce, steamed broccoli, apple with a dab of almond butter

Thoughts: Just another day! :)

Whole30 July 30

Woo Hoo! Made it to Day 30!

B/L: leftover chicken sausages and broccoli, topped with fried eggs. Black coffee. A few macadamia nuts

D: I am making homemade chili with beef, tomatoes, spices, and veggies. Side salad of romaine lettuce, and also, cocoa toasted cauliflower. Raspberries.

Thoughts:

I had to combine breakfast and lunch because I had a busy morning. I'm so glad I made it to day 30! Tomorrow morning I will weigh in and take measurements. I really enjoyed doing Whole30, and will post more about my experience tomorrow!

Congratulations Adagio for making it to day 30! I will be interested to hear how you did.

How do you cook your eggplant?

Have a great day!

Thanks!

I peeled and sliced the eggplant about 1/4 inch thick slices. I salted it and placed it in a colander to drain away bitterness, for about an hour. Then I dried it with paper towels and dipped it in egg, then placed it on a parchment paper topped cookie sheet, sprinkled Penzey's Tsardust Memories spice on top and baked it at 375 for about 20 minutes.

Archived