Stir-fry using almond sauce

So, I was planning to do a stir-fry using some chicken, turmeric, ginger, garlic, and cayenne. The veggies I have seem more Asian than Curry to us.

I just read about someone using a sauce made from almond butter. She simply said she had found one for zuchinni noodles, though.

Would these flavors go well together?

and

Does anyone have a good recipe for such a sauce?

Thanks! Sunbutter seems like a tastier alternative, but I don't own any...yet. I think I can go with the original plan and hold onto this for another meal. There seem to be no lack in meals, right?

Thanks! Sunbutter seems like a tastier alternative, but I don't own any...yet. I think I can go with the original plan and hold onto this for another meal. There seem to be no lack in meals, right?

Nico, I like using almond butter more. Sunbutter bugs me. :0)

I made an almond-butter stir fry on Wednesday, adds more a thai flavour to it in my opinion. I seem to have issues getting the consistency right though, it ends up too thick and clumpy, or too watery.

2TBS Water

1TBS Almond Butter

1TBS Ginger

2TSP Rice vinegar

1TSP Coconut Aminos

1TSP cinnamon

1TSP Curry Powder

1TSP Garam Masala

1TSP Chili Powder or Cayenne

1TSP Chili flakes

1TSP Minced Garlic (or garlic powder in a pinch)

Mix it all together, cook your veggies, then add the sauce on top and cook for a few extra minutes. Maybe play around with the amount of water for consistency. Or try using coconut milk instead of water, that might work too.

I was motivated and hungry this morning, so I adapted the recipe for sunshine sauce and another peanut sauce for zucchini noodles.

I seasoned the chicken with garlic, turmeric, cayenne, and ginger. For the sauce, I used almond butter and tahini. I added lime juice, rice wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, (I'm not a fan of coconut aminos), cayenne, red pepper flakes, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and salt.

It ended up too sour, so I added some apple juice and more almond butter. Then, I added more salt and some applesauce.

It was all to taste and ended up perfect when mixed into the chicken and veggies. I will have to fight my husband for the one leftover serving. As for the sauce, there is a ton of that left.

Thanks for the tips. :)

Archived