6 Week RV trip - Need quick, easy meal ideas for cooking on the road!

mmiley

I have a question for anyone out there who camps. I am going to be leaving on a 6 week cross country RV trip and will be cooking for 4 people. My husband and I have done the Whole30 and have for the most part adopted this eating style for good. My in-laws who will be going with us want to "try" our way of eating. I will be cooking in the RV as well as grilling. Oh and I have a crockpot and a large electric fry pan also. I have some Paleo cookbooks and my ISWF book, but I'm really looking for a variety of simple, quick easy to prepare recipes for the road. Any ideas? Thanks so much!!

If you'll have a fridge/freezer available on your RV, frozen veggies will help with food prep time. Then all you have to do is cut up protein and cook it with them for a stir fry. Maybe you could pick several sauce recipes and make bulk batches so you don't have to measure/think other than how much to use on that particular combination? Shouldn't hurt aminos or Red Boat fish sauce to freeze them either.

Using the crock pot to cook up a roast or roast chicken is pretty hands free too, just need to bring some seasonings (or not, salt/pepper is good enough for me for chicken if there will be veggies with it).

Eggs are fast and easy to prepare too. :) Or grilling burgers and portabello mushrooms for the "buns" - that is a great combination with mayo or compliant mustard. Mmm...

Archived