Jen's Post W30 Log

pjena

Popcorn at home is an awesome choice after a day like that!  I am fascinated by the January-bloat stories.  I wonder what that is!  I'm really glad you found a way to "pop the bubble," as it were, and get back to your winter-normal.  

ThyPeace, thinking about how to kick-start her own weight loss at the moment.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The party was fun.  I had some wine and the frosting off of two cupcakes (just the good stuff!) because they looked really good and my sister's friend wanted me to try them.  I'm OK with it.  I'm aiming for normal, calm eating this week.  Husband's birthday is tomorrow.  I'm not sure if I'll indulge or not.  I'm not even sure what we're having!  Well, I'm making stroganoff for dinner.  I hope he doesn't notice it's made with real mushrooms and coconut cream instead of cream of mushroom soup. LOL  I'm not sure about dessert, though.  We're having his family over next weekend and we'll have cake then.  But, he likes German chocolate cake and i really don't, so that's an easy one to skip.  Last night, we were all home for the first time in 10 days (husband was in CA for work and then he and 11yo went to scout camp for the weekend) so I skipped yoga and instead made a nice Sunday dinner.  It was nice to have everyone home!  Here's to a calm week!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!  Sorry to be MIA.  Work and home have been so busy.  I've also not been making particularly good food choices.  Somehow, I have to get myself back into not feeling like I have to have every treat that comes my way.  This weekend, we hosted 11yo's book club, including parents who brought tons of treats.  Yep, I had several.  Then, we had Super Bowl festivities Sunday with more treats.  I'm getting myself back on track this week and trying to remember that Spring Break (along with beaches and swimsuits and sundresses and shorts that probably don't fit right now...) is less than a month away.  I have to get control of myself.  My plan is to get back to basics and try to remind myself every time I come upon a treat that eating it will mean not feeling comfortable in my summer clothes.  I have to keep that end in mind.  I'm not looking to lose 20 lbs or anything.  Just to get back to where I normally am.  Anyway, that's the plan.  Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break!!!!!!! 

I'm very ready for no sugar.  For some reason, having an external reason helps.

We had pancakes last night for Fat Tuesday.  I had a very small one with a little syrup. :P  Then had eggs and kale.  It was my little last blast with sugar.  Happily, I didn't make it a big last blast. 

So, just chugging along and looking forward to calm eating!

Work is horrible.  I seriously need a new job.  Food, though, is calm and normal, so that is good.  No sugar helps.  After a long, stressful day, I'd like to dive into cookies but don't.  Yay Lent!  :P  I have some sinus-y thing going on, which is annoying.  I have been tossing and turning at night having nightmares about budgets and allocations and spreadsheets that don't foot.  I am doing my yoga and trying to stay calm but it's hard.  I need to push through this week and then put up some boundaries and take some time off next weekend.  It's so sad when I feel guilty for not working on a weekend.  Sigh.  I  need to find time to update my resume....

"...nightmares about budgets and allocations and spreadsheets that don't foot..."

Oh dear. Those are not great things to have nightmares about.  That said, people don't leave jobs, they leave bosses.  So -- I hope that the people involved can find some groundedness.  And I hope that there is a shift in resources, because it sounds like there is too much work and not enough people.  (And I recommend speaking up in a rational way about that -- they may not even realize it's an issue.)

ThyPeace, been there.

Still here.  I finally slept last night.  And I'm going to try very hard to not work/stress over the weekend.  I need a break.  AF is here so I'm bloated and crampy.  Hope to feel all the way better soon.  I'm actually wondering if that had something to do with the 2 nights of bad sleep.  I know I don't have this every month, but I think I did last month.  Maybe a new fun thing with getting older?  Sigh.  Anyway, hoping for a calm weekend.  I want to get started on packing for Spring Break, even though it's still 2 weeks out.  I want to make sure everyone has what they need.  Plus, then I can be happy thinking about getting away. :)

Happy Monday.  I purposely didn't work at all this weekend, even though I'll pay for it this week.  I just needed a break.  I got a lot done at home, read a lot and tried to relax.  Hopefully, it will pay off with a more productive, less stressed week. 

Hanging in over here.  Work is getting to be a bit more bearable. Partly it's my attitude.  I'm in a pretty good place right now where I can block out the chaos and just do what I can do and not stress about the rest.  Hopefully, that will last until vacation.  And, I am NOT bringing my laptop!  They can survive without me for a week.  Food is fine - no sugar is good.  No weight loss, though.  I'm still at my winter weight.  At least I'm not higher than that.  I need to try on shorts and stuff this weekend.  I think I should be ok.  I wear a lot of dresses in the summer and they can be a little more forgiving than work pants. LOL

The weekend was pretty good. I got my vacation nails done. :P  And started packing for me and the boys.  Husband will likely pack the night before we leave and will start just as I want to go to sleep. Sigh.  I did make him a list, though, so hopefully he won't forget anything important.  This week shouldn't be too stressful at work.  Busy, but hopefully not horrible. 

Archived