Jen's Post W30 Log

pjena

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am kind of getting tired of myself.  I keep saying I want to do something and then doing the opposite.  It's boring and annoying.  On the weekend, I ate a bunch of cookies one night and a bunch of popcorn another.  Because it was there and once I start, I can't stop.  I am not beating myself up over it but I'm still tired of it.  I want to stop talking about it and just do it.  But, at the same time, I'm apparently not willing to just do it.  Argh!  Anyway, my goal this week other than the usual calm eating is to just not start.  Eat what I plan to eat and don't fool myself into thinking I can have a little bit of something.  I can't.  My challenges are a work dinner tomorrow night (WHY do people think fancy Italian is a good idea?) and a fundraiser Sat night.  I will just do my best at those events but focus on the rest of the time.  I'll go to yoga when I can, walk as often as I can and enjoy the better weather that is supposed to be coming.

Today's plan - eggs, kale, swpot w/ CB, coffee w/ CM.  walk.  egg salad, salad.  chicken, salad, mayo.  yoga.  after yoga banana.

Yay for yoga and better weather!  As for fancy Italian, you should be able to get a nice piece of meat or fish.

Sorry you had a tough weekend eating-wise.  You really sound like you are where I was a month or so ago.  I was also just tired of myself.  I'm sending you a PM.

My worry about dinner tonight is if they don't have us order off the menu...  That's what happened last time.  If we can order off the menu, I'm fine.  They have a yummy sounding salmon. 

Yesterday was a nice, calm day.  I ate what I planned, got in a nice walk and a good yoga class with a new teacher who wasn't too bad.  All good.

Today's plan - eggs, kale, swpot w/ CB, coffee w/ CM.  walk.  tuna, avocado, salad.  dinner out?

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking in.  Work got busy again.  And I'm still kind of tired of myself. :)  But, my eating is fine and I still am getting walks and yoga when I can.  We're off to an out of town soccer tournament this weekend so I'll probably be back Monday complaining about eating poorly!  I will try to make good choices, though.

Jen, I hear you on "getting tired of myself."  I say I want to get back to my lower weight, but then I constantly eat things that I know are not helpful!  I can't seem to break out either.  I feel like I'm doing well with food I prepare and food I buy, but much worse in social situations.  And it doesn't help that I have them coming up the next three weekends!

Hi!  Work is busy again and I'm still just not in the mood to think about food/weight/etc right now, I guess.  I have been making pretty good choices overall just eating what I eat. Last weekend had good (salads, walks, friends) and bad (trail mix!).  The worst of last weekend was the sleep.  14yo got a horrible sunburn on Saturday.  He woke me up in the middle of the night to look at his face, which was oozing. I feel like a horrible mother.  The only thing that makes me feel better is that almost the whole team was fried.  We just didn't see it coming.  I don't know how we managed a week in the Dominican with barely a tan and couldn't manage 5 hours of soccer.  Ugh!  The poor kid has scabbed over blisters and peeling on his face still.  Good thing he's not a girl who cares very much about how he looks or he'd have refused to go to school.  Anyway, that no sleep night stuck with me this week as I tried to catch up.  I got in a little yoga, a little walking (it rained all week!) and tried to get to sleep early every night.  I'm feeling better now.  Another thing that's been sucking up some time is a very good thing.  My brother had his first baby!  Well, I guess it's my sister in law who really had him. :)  I visited three times while they were in the hospital and am going to visit again this weekend.  Babies are the best!  However, being woken up at 3am last weekend did remind me that I'm happy those days are behind me!

This weekend should be fine with no big challenges.  Next weekend will be tough.  We have a party Sat night and Mother's Day brunch Sunday.  I'll have to figure out a strategy there. 

Have a great weekend!

Your poor son, hope he is feeling better by now!  And not getting sleep is just something I do not deal with well.

Congratulations, Auntie!  I love, love, love newborns.  :wub:   But as addressed above, not the waking up.  ;)

Hope you are having a great week!

What a week!  We had a funeral (daughter of an in law's family friend), my cousin had a collapsed lung (apparently due to growing too tall too fast - he's 16 - he had surgery and is fine now) and our best framily friend had a heart attach this morning.  Ugh!  I hope it's true that bad things come in threes because we need to be done.  Our friend is ok for now, but I'm sure there will be lots of tests and consults and recovery.  We'll help out by carting their kids around this weekend and doing whatever else we can do to help.  This morning when they called, I went down to the hospital to sit with my friend and my husband went to their house to get their kids to school.  On top of that, tonight husband is going to some comic book convention, 14yo has his first dance, 11yo has a birthday party.  Tomorrow, 14yo has referee training all day, husband is helping rebuild the scout shed at the church and we're having a big Cinco de Mayo party.  Sunday, we're having my mom and extended family over for brunch and then 11yo has football and 14yo has soccer.  I will be exhausted by Sunday night. 

As far as eating goes, yesterday wasn't my best day but I'm back on track today.  I will do my best over the weekend to not eat too much junk at the parties, to get some movement when I can and to try to get some rest.  I think Monday will come with the desire to reset.

Have a good weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

Wow!  I hope you survived your weekend.  I'm sorry about all the stuff you've been dealing with and hope everything resolves.  And aack! on your cousin with the collapsed lung, that is craziness.

I hope you got to enjoy your Mother's Day.

The weekend was so busy but we got through it.  I did not make good choices.  Moving on. :P  Our party was a roaring success.  Mother's day brunch was very nice.  My husband and kids stayed up after the party and cleaned everything up!  I had gone to bed and fully expected to get up Sunday morning to a disaster which needed to be cleared out before the family started arriving.  Instead, I came down to a super clean kitchen.  They'd taken down the decorations, taken out all the trash and washed all the dishes.  That was the best Mother's Day gift I could have imagined.  Especially as I was moving pretty slow Sunday morning (see did not make good choices...).

Our friend was released from the hospital and is home recovering.  His kids are taking it pretty hard.  I think my cousin is going home today. 

This week, I'm going to focus on veggies and hydration and sleep.  And I am going to try to keep this coming weekend low key and not so busy.  We need some down time.

Yay for your family surprising you with a clean kitchen, that is the best!  :wub:

I'm also glad to hear that everyone is leaving the hospital.  Managing running to the hospital can be additionally stressful for the family.

Three good keys for the week.

I got in lots of steps yesterday!  No yoga, though. With scouts and soccer, it just didn't work.  And tonight 14yo has a band concert.  Tomorrow yoga for sure.  Hopefully the rain will pass so I can get in some steps at lunchtime.  I may try to get more tonight.  It may be futile, but I'd like to beat my sister once... :P

I did not make the best meal choices yesterday.  I didn't eat enough for breakfast and lunch so then was hungry and ate a packet of oatmeal (it seemed the best of the choices available at the time) and then had a stomach ache.  I'm making better choices today.  Just because I wasn't really hungry for breakfast doesn't mean I shouldn't bring enough food to work for lunch. 

• Moderators

Great awareness. Oatmeal often seems like a good idea to me, too, but I've just decided to start equating grains with sugar. I know what sugar does to my body, so that helps break the old association of oatmeal as healthy. Sorry you had a stomachache!

Simply getting in the habit of eating in the morning again even if you're not terribly hungry might help you get back on track with your regular meals. I'm now thoroughly convinced of the hormone connection and that eating within an hour of waking is one of the most powerful ways to get those wily hormones balanced.

I'm making better choices.  I think I might beat my sister in steps this week, too!  First time ever! 

For the record, I eat breakfast every day.  It's my favorite meal!  I just didn't eat enough on Monday.  And, if, for some reason, I eat a lighter breakfast, I should definitely bring more for lunch just in case.  Good reminders, though.  :)

Happy Monday!  We had a great weekend.  Where last weekend was jam packed from start to finish (all fun stuff but still SOOOOO busy) this weekend was pretty empty.  I even had time to get a pedi AND a facial with skin evaluation (I'm feeling old and decided maybe it's time to actually have a skin care regimen).  We visited our friend's new puppy (so cute!!!!), went for a couple walks.  I got in some yoga.  I made some yummy meals.  It was all good and relaxing.

Archived