Whole30, the Whole way through July!!!

Ra_k_

Thanks Derval :) i'm still feeling on top of the world today :)

My gym session this morning, was another great one. And i remember pausing and thinking, "oh my this type of energy and enthusiasm hasn't been here in agesssss, I LOVE IT" i was soo focused, and concentrating on every single rep. It was just an amazing workout.

I also weighed myself this morning, i know i know i shouldn't. And up till now i hadnt lost any weight. But today low and behold i have lost about 1kg since starting the whole30. And thats huge for me. i'm not particularly big to start with, so 1kg is great!!! Ultimate goal is to sit around 57kg and about 17% body fat. i still have a way to go, but i'm definitley on track. And more than that. I'm not weighing my food anymore......... This is the biggest break through. I'm not counting calories anymore, and i'm not weighing any thing. I love it!!!! Its like i know what my body wants and needs.

Cutting out nuts and coconut cream this week has been worth it. Not feeling bloated anymore after dinners, so i think i'll leave it out of my whole30 till the end, and reintroduce it later.

food today is same as yesterday:

B: chicken omeltte with lettuce

L: Chicken and vegies stir fry

D: Fish with vegies

S: vitamin drink, apple, cucumber, and celery fried with coconut oil, mandarin

PWO: egg whites, berries

Ok, bit of an edit to yesterday. In the afternoon we had a work afternoon tea, and my team provided a selection of nuts. Now i've eaten these nuts before, on Sunday actually. But after eating about a handful yesterday, i instantly felt bloated, and over the course of the night, i blew up like a balloon, and it was very uncomfortable. The nuts included: brazil, almonds, cashews, dates, sultanas, walnuts, and pinenuts(ithink). Anyways i felt horrible, and i will not be eating anymore nuts for the rest of the whole 30, and possibly beyond.

Day 18 today, nearly on the home stretch. And After last nights blaoted feeling, today i'm not feeling too bad. Not feeling groggy or anything after yesterday, so thats good. And this mornings gym sesison was good too. So Still on top of the world :)

PWO: egg whites, berries

Yay for learning! I'm glad to hear that you don't weigh your food anymore. It's so much nicer to be able to trust your body.

Bummer on the nuts, but it sounds like you got an idea of something that bothers your system. I can't eat many nuts without getting bloated either. Keep on!

Thanks Emily :) This has been the most rewarding experience to learn what my body can and can't have. And i was talking to my trainer last night about it, and she was asking what i'll do after the whole 30. And it made me realise i have no plans. Well no plans to not eat how i am eating......... I do intend to eat some of the slices my cousins gave me from their bakery. But only a nible, and if i feel sick, giving them straigh to my brother...... So i guess i'll eat this way forever, well as long as i can. My holiday may be a different story due to me not preparing the food :( But i like the food i'm eating, and i like not weighin my food :)

Nothing really to report today, feeling great, energy high. Just all round happy :)

Food today:

PWO: egg whites, mandarine, coconut flakes

OK weekend recap......

had a good weekend food wise. All whole30 foods, though i'm still struggling with the 3 meals a day on the weekend. i think in my next whole30 i'll tackle this issue. I went out on Saturday night, and friends kept offering me drinks of alcohol. and i kept declining, this is huge for me. i was soo happy to be able to go out and be alcohol free. BIG WIN!!!

I went to the farmers markets, and bought tons of delicious fruits and vegies. And i made a delicious dinner last night with avocado with an egg baked in the centre, sooooo tasty!!! def doin that again.

feeling great, energy still high. Clothes fitting better, all of the good stuff promised :) And i'm enjoying experimenting with differnt foods, for dinners. I'm on Day22, and i have a hens day/night this saturday 28th July. It will be a pity i can't drink wine and help celebrate with my friends. but i'm ok with that. As they have indicated the day will be, bakery morning tea, italian pasta class for lunch, and pizza and sushi for dinner :| i have informed them of my allergies to wheat and dairy and said i would take my own food. And you know i thought they might get angry at me for that, or annoyed. But she seemed fine with it. So it was kinda empowering..... I'm not sure what to pack, cos i don't wanna have to carry about tupperware containers all day :\ so just have to work out a menu....

Food today:

B: chicken omelette with lettuce

L: Chicken and vegies

D: fish, avocado, vegies

S: apply, cucmber, celery, mandarin, tea, vitamin drink

PWO: egg whites and berries.

Congrats on not drinking! Isn't it nice not feeling horrible the next day?

What's a hens night? A girls night? Nice job letting them know in advance about your food :). I'm glad you didn't get any flak about it!

hey Emily :)

A hens night is a girls night out to celebrate the ending of a bride's single life :) My friend gets married in november, but we're doing it now. Shall be a fun day/night. A little bummed i can't share a wine with her, but thats life, and i'll share one with her at her wedding....

I was a little nervous to be honest asking if it was ok to bring my own food. And i guess thats a misconception i had, that people would care, and at the end of the day no one seems to care. So it all kinda works out well for me :)

Day 23, WHOOP!!! 7 days left :)

Feeling great on the inside, and without being too vain, looking great on the outside. I'm noticing some more muscle definition coming through and it can only lead to fat loss, YAY!!!

I'm thinking more and more about what i'm going to do after day 30.... And i think i'm going to have piece of chocolate, a slice of gluten free bread, and then back into the whole30. I think i'll continue it right through until my holiday on august 23rd. I like the food i'm eating, and i like how i'm feeling. I do miss the slight sweet taste of dark chocolate, though i know my body will probably reject it, but its something ill try. And if my body does, than no more chocolate for a while.

Food today:

B: chicken omelette with lettuce, avocado

D: fish, avocado, vegies, egg

S: apple, cucumber, celery, mandarin, tea, vitamin drink

PWO: egg whites and berries.

Day 24......... these days are just flying by now. And i'm still feeling great...

nothing new to report. Except my boss keeps telling everyone that he's never seen anyone eat as much as me :( when all i'm eating is a 3small egg chicken omelette, with lettuce and avocado for breakfast at 9am at work, and he sees me eat again at 1pm. Hahah go figure how i'm eating too much. Its just my food is less calorie dense than his, soo looks like a lot......

Its lucky i'm not a fattie or this could be quite damaging to my self esteem. Why do people have to do that :angry:

Food today:

B: chicken omelette with lettuce, avocado

D: fish, avocado, vegies, egg

S: apple, cucumber, celery, mandarin, tea, vitamin drink, berries, egg whites

PWO: egg whites and apple.

DAY 25!!!!

Today is a good day.... Today is the first day in a very long time i've looked in the mirror and have been at peace with the person staring back at me. And of all days to have this discovery..... i over ate last night on berries, and was a little bloated this morning, i haven't washed and my hair :o But still as i looked in the mirror getting ready for work, nothing seemed to bother me. Yeah i have love handles, and yea i prob could have shinner healthier looking hair, and my nail polish could have been less chipped. But all in all i was at peace. For me this is HUGE!!! I have since i was at least 15yrs maybe younger, hated the person looking back at me. I have gone through sooo many tears, and anger at myself for eating that extra piece of whatever.......... Body issues are huge for me. my parents think i have Body dysmorphic disorder, well maybe no servere but a mild case. I used to be quite a lot larger than i am now. Australian size 14 and now i'm an 8-10. But i sometimes still see the little fattie staring back at me in the mirror. But not today, i saw the person i am today..... Amazing really!!! And i'm not worrying too much about the quanitiy i've been eaating, just the quality of the food (whole30) its been the most amazing 25days ever........

Food is the same, as yesterday. I'm still trying to work out what i'm going to cook and take with me on the weekend to the hens party. I have to be able to eat lunch and dinner and a snack all on the go. Def going to be a challenge for me..... But its all part of learning :)

Day 29.................

i can't believe i'm almost done. It seems only yesterday i embarked on this journey. I'm feeling slightly average today, i think its because i wasn't in control of my eating on the weekend. i didn't eat anything that wasn't whole30, but i think i may have eaten too much. So i'm going to finish my whole30 on friday 3rd August. Just to get the most out of it :)

Food is all the same as usual, though my brother has bought out the juicer, and we're playing around with new combo's. So thinking that will be a great way to get in more vegies and fill me up quicker.

Anyways not much to report, Feeling a little flat today, a bit tired and i have a cold again.... in fact i don't think think its left properly. So just trying to baby that back to normal..........

OK so here it is........... DAY 30!!! Yipee...........

I can't believe i made it, and it feels like only a few days since i started.

So how am i traveling after 30 days:

• My energy has increased, and maintained at a steady state through the entire day. WIN!
  • Apples, berries, and other fruit are now as sweet as any candy. WIN!
  • I don't get bloated as often. WIN!
  • I'm at peace with the person staring back at me in the mirror. BIG WIN!
  • I'm aware of how my body reacts to different foods, and i know when to cut them out. WIN!
  • My skin is clearer. WIN!
  • My lifts in the gym are stronger. WIN!
  • I've lost about 1.5kg. WIN!

Overall i feel happy with my whole30. I am continuing this through till Saturday. I'm having a fundraiser that day for the City to Surf, its a 14km run from the centre of Sydney to Bondi beach, and my family and i are raising money for the Cancer Council. So we're having a little fundraiser at home, and there will be wine, and i'm making a few different sorts of foods. I'm making whole30 approved foods, but i am allowing myself some wine. So that will be my only treat. I've decided to cut up those slices my cousins gave me from their bakery, and have them on this day. So everyone can try them, and i'm not tempted to eat them all.

I'm going to continue to eat this way right up until my holiday, and try as much as possible to stick with it on my holiday, but becasue i'm not in control of the foods i wil be eating, this will be hard.

But upon my return i'm getting back into a whole30, and this time concentrating more on the 3 meals a day :)

Well thats it for now...... might log occasionally just for sanity. But my friend has suggested i start a blog, so i'm seriously thinking about that. We'll see how things go :)

Thanks Emily, Adagio and Derval :)

Its gone soo quickly, still can't believe its over......

OH my i forgot about the not measuring. that should hae been a clear WIN!!!!

I ate some coconut cream last night, and low and behold crippling pains this morning and bloatedness. Definitley not re-introducing that again. I'm happy without it. The new juicing craze at my house has ramped up, and this morning i made: orange, sweet potato, apples, juice.. and then blended with almond butter and egg whites. Soooo tasty, and perfect for post workout :)

Archived