Sprouted wheat bread

NMG

I see it mentioned as a possibly-primal-ish-if-you-really-have-to option.

For the purposes of experimentation, I tried some.

I couldn't stop eating it, didn't get the familiar wheat-bloat, but then conked out completely for 3 hours. What was that opiate theory again?

So yeah, it's a resounding "nope" from me!

Yup that's why I posted in "off-track".

I just see a lot more flexibility in the "paleosphere" and some fuzzy edges with WAPF. I'm non-W30 right now for various reasons :)

Interesting!

I always see that stuff and wonder about it...one of my friends said she was going "Paleo" but ate this stuff anyway claiming it was OK (and then the next week was back to Pop-Tarts and Subway sandwiches so...even "Paleo" didn't last long) and I've always been kind of curious about how it works and why it's supposed to be better. Good to know.

my kids, who are non-diagnosed gluten sensitive, can handle sprouted sourdough bread okay in moderation. they grew up on it and hate regular bread. in contrast, my nieces and nephews think i'm evil for serving them sandwiches on sprouted bread. :D

my husband, who has ulcerative colitis, can't handle ANY gluten, even sprouted. so it really depends on your context and what's going on. i feel better eating sprouted breads, but it's still a grain/gluten free > sprouted wheat type of thing.

Archived