Nose Bleeds on Whole30

Hi all!

Day 10, second round of whole30, got a little nose bleed this morning. This happened the first time I did whole30 as well, but much earlier on; granted, the first time I was eating apple smoked bacon and other processed meats and this time I'm eating only quality meats and fish and greens with every meal. Anyone else get this or know what this could stem from? Is this some kind of vitamin deficiency? Last time I postulated that it could have been a vitamin C deficiency and supplemented with oranges and strawberries. This time around I did OD on almond butter the first six days and suffered through some acne, perhaps this is just my immune system practicing some tough love? Perhaps it is also note-worthy to point out that I suffered from frequent (once or twice a month) nose bleeds as a kid on a typical standard American diet.

Many thanks,

Ida

• 2 years later...

Hi Ida, 

I know you posted this quite awhile ago, but I'm in the first week of my whole30 and am having the same issue.  I had a nose bleed earlier this week, and twice today.  I've had nose bleeds in the past, but rarely (mostly in the winter when it's dry if at all).  So this is unusual for me.  Did you ever figure out what was causing it and if it was diet related?

Thanks!

Kathryn

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Girlygalqt said:

Hi I am on Day 8 and woke up with a headache and then had a nose bleed a couple hours later. I rarely have a nose bleed and am wondering if this is due to Whole 30 or something else. 

It's highly unlikely that eating protein, veggies and fat is going to give you a nosebleed... it's much more likely that it's winter (I assume where you are) and that the air is dry... if you're concerned, off to the doctor with you. :) 

Archived