Abdomen soreness after certain foods

JJB

I've never been much of a drinker, but with an ex I was a social drinker once every month or two (mainly vodka/rum, never beer). I handled that just fine the first couple of years. After awhile, every time I had alcohol, whether it was 1 glass or 5, the next day my abdomen would be tender/sore all over. This would last the entire day. If I had a lot to drink, I would be so sore that the water pressure from the shower was uncomfortable.

Now, several months post-W30, the same thing happens when I eat wheat! I don't remember it happening the first time, but definitely the last two times. And I feel it in the back of my neck now too, not sure if that happened before or not. My abdomen is very sore, particularly around the base of my ribcage. I am not experiencing any other discomfort, and I've never had any reactions that would lead me to believe I'm gluten-intolerant. Has anyone experienced this, or have any idea what's happening? Other than my body telling me to "STOP EATING THAT" of course.

That's pretty close to my reaction to gluten. Mine gets more stabby and less sore if I continue to eat it over a few days, and I burp up the taste of the gluten-containing thing.

Speaking of gluten, I found a package of "Vital Gluten with Vitamin C" in the store today. Really? Let's add MORE GLUTEN! It has vitamin C, so it must be healthy!

We just have an odd reaction I guess. I told some co-workers about it a few years ago, and they decided 'OMG YOUR PANCREAS IS FAILING' lol. Mentioned it to my doctor and she wasn't familiar with the symptom.

I've been pretty much gluten free for a good while now but recently on vacation had some breadsticks and sweet rolls, along with a few drinks. The next day my abdomen was really sore, and I felt like I needed to go to the toilet but couldn't. It lasted for two days. So not worth it! So now I'm definitely steering clear of gluten, but then lastnight I had a cider and the same thing happened, although not as severe. Alcohol has never affected me that way before so I'm wondering if the gluten has had an impact and I'll be more easily irritated until it has time to heal. Blah!

Archived