Day 6 here, yay! I tend to overthink things, so I'd really appreciate someone giving me some feedback on my PostWOD meal today. I know I *should* have some lean meat and veggies, but I didn't have the time today. So in a pinch, how's this meal?

3 egg whites with cinnamon

1/2 banana and 4 cherries warmed and stirred into egg white mix

• Moderators

The egg whites are a great choice of lean protein. I am not so sure about the fruit. I am not certain, but my understanding is that fruit preferentially replaces liver glycogen and not muscle glycogen, so is not a good choice for rapidly restoring muscle fitness. I think that is why we habitually recommend sweet potatoes or other starchy veggies in post-workout meals, because the glycogen in veggies don't route through the liver on the way to muscles.

Thanks Tom! I'm totally on board with subbing the fruits for sweet potato. I should just do half, right? It's definitely becoming my go-to carb, and I want to make sure I'm not over-doing it any where. I normally have a whole small sweet potato with at least one of my meals each day. It's also on my list of five emergency meals - which I usually need as a snack mid-morning or afternoon (I'm slowly trying to break away from my 6-meals-a-day past.)

Archived